Sunday, October 26, 2014

Haunted House for Sale Descriptive Writing Activity {Common Core Writing, Halloween, Craft}


I had been having my 3rd graders complete a Haunted House Descriptive Writing Project for as many years as I have been teaching 3rd grade. In fact it was one of the first packets I uploaded to my teacher store and is one of my all time best-selling products. I LOVE knowing that it is being used in so many classrooms.

With that being said, it was time for a makeover. I completely redesigned all the pages and added a bunch of new ones too (over 20 to be exact). 

If you are one of the 3000+ teachers who have bought the packet....
  • First of all...THANKS so much.
  • And second...Log in to your account and redownload the packet to access all the new updates (the original product is still included as well).







 This year, my fabulous student teacher guided the students through the writing process. It was even more fun to see how excited the kids were about this project from a different perspective. Because I was not the one focused on teaching the lesson this time I had the opportunity to observe their enthusiastic conversations. So fun!

The packet is now differentiated with a variety of choices of writing papers to make it easy to modify for multiple levels of ability and is appropriate for grades 2-5. This print and go, no prep packet would be a great addition to your plans for this week. Also be sure to check out all of the other products below that are great for the upcoming weeks including Halloween, Veteran's Day and Thanksgiving.

{Click to Access and Download}



more details


more details
more details

more details
more details
more details

more details
more details
more details



more details
more details





Follow my Teacher Store so you don't miss
Flash Freebies or Discounted Debut Items and view my easy-to-navigate online catalog.

Check out CFC's Helpful Series for Teachers: 



By the way, if you are not already subscribed to The Clutter-Free Classroom newsletter I encourage you sign up. Subscribers receive weekly tips for organizing and managing a classroom as well as exclusive free printables. You can sign up here.