Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Easy Back to School Project for the Classroom

A few years ago...back when Pinterest was a new found hobby and not an addiction I can't seem to kick...I saw something similar to this and thought it was oh so cute.

I love to keep flowers (sometimes fresh and sometimes faux) in my classroom and since I made over my space with lots of aqua and yellow and black and white polka dots and chalkboard-type things I figured it was the perfect time to add my coveted pencil vase to the room.

Being the good blogger that I am I took pictures of every step along the way.

But, truth be told it would be silly to even bother posting the step by step pictures.

Because you guys it is literally as simple as glueing pencils to a container. That's it. This project took me less than 5 minutes. Well maybe 7. I have a tendency to burn my fingers on the glue gun.

I used an empty peanut butter jar because that's what I had. If you are planning to use fake flowers you can use an can or jar, but if you'll be using real flowers opt for something taller that will hold water well.

I then used hot glue to stick the pencils all around. I found the easiest way to do it was to put the glue onto the jar and place the pencil onto it rather than putting the glue on the pencil. After I went all the way around I glued the black and white polka dotted ribbon to it and then added two smaller aqua ribbons to coordinate with my room.

It's cute and fun and feeds into my love of school supplies.

Follow my Teacher Store so you don't miss
Flash Freebies or Discounted Debut Items and view my easy-to-navigate online catalog.

Check out CFC's Helpful Series for Teachers: 

By the way, if you are not already subscribed to The Clutter-Free Classroom newsletter I encourage you sign up. Subscribers receive weekly tips for organizing and managing a classroom as well as exclusive free printables. You can sign up here.