Sunday, April 13, 2014

Easter Ideas

Please visit my Pinterest Boards if you are interested in seeing more ideas that I have collected and to read my comments and suggestions for using these.

Check out my Easter-themed Writing and Bulletin Board Packet. It is available a la carte or as part of my Spring Writing Pack 8-Packet Bundle at a reduced cost. Each of my writing packets are differentiated for grades Pre-K through 5th which make it easy to make modifications to meet the needs of every learner in your classroom.

The Night Before Easter is another one of Natasha Wing's spins on 'Twas the Night Before Christmas (I featured her St. Patrick's Day version last week). I like reading books with a familiar feel to kids. I ordered this from Scholastic for my son's first Easter and we still enjoy reading it each year around this time. The rhythmic language is appealing to little ones. The kids will have fun looking for the eggs on each page.

Oh Splat the Cat, how you make me smile. And I don't even like cats. :)
Where's the Easter Bunny? is an interactive book with lift-up flaps that will appeal to your younger students.  The book asks the readers questions which further engages them and they enjoy looking for the Easter Bunny hidden throughout.

My-oh-my I adore Jan Thomas' books (
Rhyming Dust Bunnies is my absolute favorite). The Easter Bunny's Assistant is way too fun! The Easter Bunny and his assistant skunk set out to explain how to make Easter Eggs...however, the excitement makes skunk do what it is that skunks do. This is marketed as a book for 2-5 year olds, but it is such a fun book to read to older kids and pair it with a process writing activity.

The Bad Easter Bunny is another good thematic book for older students. In this story, the Easter Bunny is feeling that the recipients of his gifts are not being appreciative.  This upsets him and causes him to get all kinds of mischievous. This book is a nice conversation started for a class discussion about gratitude.

Follow my Teacher Store so you don't miss
Flash Freebies or Discounted Debut Items and view my easy-to-navigate online catalog.

Check out CFC's Helpful Series for Teachers: 

By the way, if you are not already subscribed to The Clutter-Free Classroom newsletter I encourage you sign up. Subscribers receive weekly tips for organizing and managing a classroom as well as exclusive free printables. You can sign up here.