Monday, February 3, 2014

Organizing and Managing Papers in the Classroom: Storage Containers

Throughout the entire month of February I am going to be sharing tips, ideas, and suggestions for managing each and every piece of paper that we encounter as teachers.

And trust me...there are a lot of them.

To get started I thought it would be a good idea to highlight some of the many options out there for containing all those pesky papers. There are so many to choose from. Some are free. Some are cheap. Some require an investment. 

While I am all about saving money as a teacher, I do believe that some things are worth their weight in gold when it comes to simplifying our lives in the classroom and therefore I am an advocate for investing in a system that works well for you.

That statement is important: “Works well for you.”

There are literally hundreds of options out there, but no one thing is perfect for everyone. You really need to find something that best fits your specific needs. My other bit of advice would be to remain open minded and willing to make changes if a system or container isn’t working for you. It’s all about trial and error. 

Trust me. I’ve tried just about everything. The good news is that I am finally in a place where I’m loving all the systems, procedures, routines, and containers I use in my classroom. 

Over the next 28 days I will be sharing not only what works for me, but also rounding up ideas from others. Because like I said there is no one right way.

Below you’ll find a variety of commonly used containers for wrangling papers. Click on any of the images to read more about the container, read reviews or even order through Amazon.


Follow my Teacher Store so you don't miss
Flash Freebies or Discounted Debut Items and view my easy-to-navigate online catalog.

Check out CFC's Helpful Series for Teachers: 

By the way, if you are not already subscribed to The Clutter-Free Classroom newsletter I encourage you sign up. Subscribers receive weekly tips for organizing and managing a classroom as well as exclusive free printables. You can sign up here.