Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 New Year Blog Resolutions



Happy 2014 friends! I hope this is a year that is filled with good health and lots of love and happiness for all of you. I am always a bit sad to see a great year end, but like many of you I really enjoy the fresh start that comes with the turning of the calendar.

With that being said I am very excited to share with you some of the plans that I have for this little piece of online real estate and for Clutter-Free Classroom in general.

For those of you who don’t know, I have been blogging about teaching for quite some time now. I started my first blog as a hobby over six years ago. I had been working with teachers locally to help them organize and set up their classroom and the blog became an extension of that. It was a means to provide additional information beyond my sessions with them.  Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine it would grow into what it has.

While I am grateful beyond words for the opportunities that have come from this blog and my success at Teachers Pay Teachers, my original intent was not to start a business, but to provide teachers with strategies to make their time in the classroom more efficient and enjoyable. 

And it is very important to me that the main focus of the Clutter-Free Classroom Blog return to its roots.

Therefore, I am committing to sharing photos, tips and ideas every single weekday throughout 2014 that will benefit classroom teachers of all grade levels. I will also continue to showcase new products and projects from my own classroom, but I am dedicated to making sure this blog serves its original purpose which was to provide its readers with free information and advice that will benefit them as teachers.

To make this a reality I have spent the past couple of months carefully selecting the content for each and every day, developing a schedule for the entire year and getting ahead in researching and drafting posts. 

I will be focusing on five areas: Classroom Organization, Classroom Decor and Design, Classroom Management, Instruction and Assessment and Collaboration. My goal is to also edit and update past posts that relate to these categories and create an index of topics that enable readers to easily find the resources that meet their specific needs.

Looking forward to a wonderful year!

Did you make any resolutions or set and goals for 2014?


Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.


20 comments:

  1. One of my blogging goals is to post more content instead of just linking up with the fun linky parties. I love that you are focusing on 5 areas for your posts. Sometimes I end up rambling in my posts because there's a lack of focus. I think planning posts around a core set of topics will help with that.

    Brandi
    Success in Second Grade
    Follow me on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brandi, I think the content is so important and was really disappointed that I was struggling to find the time to deliver that. I'm very optimistic that my focus categories and planned topics will keep me on track. Happy New Year! :) Jodi

      Delete
    2. Jodi- I was told that you have some great ideas for math centers. I teach 5th grade and am looking for suggestions. Where can I find your ideas? Thanks

      Delete
  2. Your blog is the first teacher blog I started reading, and it brought me into the blogging world. I appreciate all of your hard work, and I can't wait to read what you have in store for 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ms. N. I love hearing things like that and appreciate you being such a long time reader. Take Care, Jodi

      Delete
  3. I totally appreciate your blog. My colleague introduced me to your blog (as we were both swimming in clutter in our classroom). We have found many great ideas and I have started my own blog to document my struggles and successes in dealing with chaos in my classroom and at home. I do need to plan my posts and stick to a schedule - I am hopeful that i can do that over the next year.

    Thanks!
    Stefani

    http://stefanishopefulchaos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stefani! Notice I don't have a blog about chaos and organization at home. LOL. I am writing this with 3 scooters next to me in the kitchen and kids running around in circles. Best wishes for an organized 2014! :) Jodi

      Delete
  4. I just set up a private blog on wordpress to use as my reflection tool. I am committing to posting once a week on my gardening at school blog, www.greenschoolyard.wordpress.com, which has suffered the learning curve of Common Core. I aim to post twice a week on my own private blog. My last commitment is to get my own classroom blog going again; it was working great by the end of last year when my trainers had been trained, starrknights.wordpress.com. My students learn so much more about spelling and sentence construction when they are blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you garden at school. I taught a very detail unit on plants last year and then laughed at the irony when all the flowers in front of my house were dead by July. :) Jodi

      Delete
  5. I am hoping to get more into my blog in the new year, and you have inspired me! I love how you set out a schedule for yourself and have categories in mind... You are an inspiration for sure, and I can't wait to see what you have in store!

    Andrew
    Mr. First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrew. I find that lists and schedules are always helpful. I make lists about the most ridiculous things. ;) Happy New Year! :) Jodi

      Delete
  6. I'm so excited for your new posts! I'm always trying to find the best organizational system for my classroom. You never know where inspiration strikes, and I have most enjoyed your posts on organizing your closets.

    Happy New Year and Thank You for all of your work!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! I am really happy with my organizational systems at this point, but it took a lot of trial and error to get here. Keep tweaking it. You'll find what works for you. :) Jodi

      Delete
  7. I have learned so much from your blog! I know that whatever you have planned with be thought-out, well-planned and just plain fabulous! Thank you for all the hard work you put it! I've just started my blog and the amount of work that goes into it is amazing!
    Cassie
    Create-abilities

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cassie, Blogging is definitely a labor of love. Thanks for your sweet words. Good luck with your blog. :) Jodi

      Delete
  8. So excited! I have missed your posts this year! Can't wait to hear what you are doing and your new ideas! :)- Carmen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carmen, I've really missed posting, but knew it was best to take a step back, reflect and hit the ground running with a plan. Thanks for being a long-time reader. :) Jodi

      Delete
  9. Thank you! I'm so looking forward to reading those posts! I started following your blog for just that reason; I really appreciate your ideas and experience. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me so happy to hear. I'm looking forward to bringing you more content. :) Jodi

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete