Thursday, July 4, 2013

Pledge of Allegiance {FREE Printables and Activities for K-5}


Happy 4th of July Friends!

I hope you all have fun plans and will be out and about celebrating summer at its finest.

I wanted to stop in today with a quick teacher tip and freebie for you and since it's the 4th of July it only made sense to give it a bit of Patriotic Flair. 

I have written a few detailed posts about preparing for a substitute teacher. It is especially important to have a good emergency sub plan in place. However, there will be times when you won't be out of the classroom for an entire day, but you may unexpectedly be called out for a short period of time. It's a good idea to have a few activities that can stand alone and easily be executed by anyone who happens to be filling in for you. I recommend a read aloud and a simple follow up activity.

Today's freebie can be used for that purpose.

It includes 2 versions of a mini-poster of The Pledge of Allegiance, a list of essential questions about the Pledge and intermediate and primary journaling pages.  Below is a list of suggested books to pair with it. Click on any of the images to read reviews and descriptions on Amazon.



Also, be sure to check out some of the other Patriotic freebies I have available:




You may also be interested in viewing pictures and ideas for Patriotic Themed Classrooms from my Classroom Themes Page.


For more tips and ideas on organizing and managing your classroom please check out my Clutter-Free Guide along with my Teaching Procedures and Routines Workbook. This post is part of:
This item debuted as a Flash Freebie on 7.4.13 and was available from 6:00 A.M. to ? EST. 
Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the Freebie of the Day
Click here for a listing of all of the Teacher Tips and Printables from The Summer of 2013.






Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

4 comments:

  1. I'm interested in the Free Patriotic packet, but when I clicked on the link shown in the description, it came up as $3.95. Was it just free as a flash freebie last summer? The link on today's page called it free too, so I was confused.
    THANK YOU SO MUCH for all these really great materials! I found your site last summer, and it's changed my classroom. I love being organized, and there are so many wonderful ways to be so on your site! :) Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same problem, same confusion but GREAT resources!

      Delete
  2. It is 4:07 p.m. (ET) and I too, missed the writing patriotic freebie, bummer! I just started following your blog (along with others!) in the past week and I am amazed of how many wonderful tips and ideas I have read about. I am an organization "wanna-be", but hopefully with all the ideas I have read about, this is finally going to be the year I can actually ACHIEVE it! Thanks for all the freebies! I can't wait to use them and put the organizational tools into practice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! I plan on spending next week creating my emergency sub plans bin / binder and this will be perfect! Thank You! =)

    ReplyDelete

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...