Friday, July 5, 2013

FREE Paragraph of the Week Weeklong Writing Packet {Narrative Homework Common Core}

{Click to access and download this free product from my teacher store}
Today's Freebie reminds me of the classic, "How I Spent My Summer Vacation." It will take kids through the entire writing process using a narrative prompt about their summer vacation. I designed these packets last year and used them throughout this entire school year. . . homework has never been easier or more effective!

This specific packet would be a great follow-up to a reading of How I Spent My Summer Vacation by Mark Teague. It will give you a good idea of your students writing abilities or could be sent home as homework for that first week when you have not yet established your procedures and routines for the year.




Click to read my original post about the Paragraph of the Week Packet and learn more about how easy and effective it is to use. This product is Common Core aligned for grades 2-5 {w.2.3, w3.3, w.4.3, and w.5.3}
{Click to access and download this product}







Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I also use How I Spent my Summer Vacation as my first writing assignment of the year. I am excited to use this freebie to compliment what I've already been doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! I always start the school year with How I Spent my summer vacation and usually only do a free write of their summer vacation so I can get a feel for their writing ability but I love the outline for them to use with this packet! Thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. This looks amazing! I can't wait to try it out in my classroom.

    ReplyDelete