Monday, April 29, 2013

Organizing Large Sheets of Construction Paper

As you may have guessed, I'm kind of into classroom organization.

I like everything to have a place (and a label) and have developed some systems for organizing a classroom that I'm really happy with.

However, for years those 12 x 18 sheets of construction paper were my Kryptonite. A solution for keeping them neat and organized eluded me. The best I came up with was to store them in an empty desk. This worked to a point, but since the colors were all stacked I constantly found myself digging for them.
Finally, I decided enough was enough and that it was time to invest in something designed to do the job. Enter the Oversized Paper Sorter. At a cost of $27.50, I have found the purchase to be well worth the money. Mainly because the big sheets of paper, and their lack of a proper home in my classroom, annoyed me for so long, but also because it has proven to be a quality product (despite being made out of cardboard).
 


I ordered the product on a Thursday and it was waiting for me when I walked into my classroom the following Monday (via free shipping). I assumed it would be a hassle to assemble, but it went together easily in under 8 minutes. A few folds and a couple slides later it was done. It required nothing more. No tools. No adhesives. No cutting. Nothing! It was so quick and easy,


I was amazed at how sturdy it felt. I've been using it for a few months now and continue to be thrilled the product. As an added bonus, the entire unit slid onto a shelf in my closet so it is out of sight. I should mention that this is not a paid/sponsored post...just a product I bought and love and wanted to pass along.





Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

10 comments:

  1. Here! Here! Is that the way you spell those words in that context?? Sometimes things just look funny. I ordered this organizer a couple months back, put it together in a jiffy and then it sat in the corner of my room, UNTIL. LAST. WEEK! OMG! It's awesome! I put it in a closet and it has solved the dread 12 x 18 construction paper storage problem. It's sturdy! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love that it fit into my closet! :) Jodi

      Delete
  2. What are the dimensions of this? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori,
      The product description reads, "16.9 x 26.9 x 18.5 inches" which sounds right to me. :) Jodi

      Delete
  3. This is my next purchase. I added a 9X12 construction paper sorter earlier this year. It lives on top of my cabinet. It is a rainbow of happiness greeting me every morning.

    Kristin
    Teachntex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristin! I seriously smile every time I open my closet door and see it. :) Jodi

      Delete
  4. Just ordered...thank you for this post! I have a love hate relationship with 12X18 paper! SO THANK YOU SO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh! Yippee! You'll have to update me once it arrives. I know you'll love it. :) Jodi

      Delete
  5. I didn't even finish reading your post before going to amazon and ordering this! Can't wait for it to finally arrive. SO excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What I great find. I just ordered one too.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...