Wednesday, April 17, 2013

FREEBIE: Picture Pie Fraction Craftivity {Virtual Vacation}

Today's Virtual Vacation Destination is Disney's Animal Kingdom. In keeping with the theme, I have created a Souvenir Freebie with an Animal Theme.
Click to access and download the Picture Pie: Fraction Craftivity Freebie
This packet includes printables to create pictures using fractions of a circle, printables to mount them on, and a display sign for an easy bulletin board. 

I made it as an extension of my 150+ page Fraction Unit Bundle. Please check out that resource for more great hands-on manipulatives, centers, games, printables, resources and more:

It would be best to explore Ed Emberly’s book, “Picture Pie” with your students, but it is not necessary. Simply have them use the pieces to create images. I used this activity while we were studying
fractions. After creating their pictures they added up the pieces and recorded the total amount as a mixed fraction. It really helped them to understand the concepts in a fun and creative way.

Since we are at Animal Kingdom today you may want to check out my blog posts about Jungle / Safari Themed Classrooms or my Animal Research Packet (55 pages that can be used to study any animal)


Have you been virtually traveling with us to get an entire week of freebies? Be sure to follow CFClassroom on Facebook and Instagram for real time updates and photos. Also be sure to follow my TPT Store and blog so you never miss a freebie.

Follow my Teacher Store so you don't miss
Flash Freebies or Discounted Debut Items and view my easy-to-navigate online catalog.

Check out CFC's Helpful Series for Teachers: 

By the way, if you are not already subscribed to The Clutter-Free Classroom newsletter I encourage you sign up. Subscribers receive weekly tips for organizing and managing a classroom as well as exclusive free printables. You can sign up here.