Thursday, April 25, 2013

FRACTIONS: Ideas and Activities for Teaching Fractions with the Common Core


This packet took forever and a day to put together. But, it was so much fun to use. My kiddos not only really enjoyed the unit, but really because proficient in the Common Core Standards related to fractions so every minute was worth it.

I use the Investigations Math Curriculum by TERC, but with the rigor of the Common Core I found I needed to create some supplemental materials to meet the requirements of the Common Core Standards. The materials I created are all available in my Fractions Packet along with a teaching plan and explanations of each of the projects, games and activities (complete with photos).

While these materials and activities are a great addition to the Investigations Curriculum, you don’t need to be teaching that curriculum to use them, In fact, the packet includes everything you need for a COMPLETE 2-week unit on fractions without any additional math program


The photos below will show you just “a fraction” of what is included in the packet...yeah, I crack myself up. :)

I have some more activities to share from the packet in the days to come...including one of the cutest bulletin boards I’ve ever done. Spoiler Alert: It involves mustaches! Stay tuned.

Also, be sure to check out my FRACTION FREEBIE inspired by the book Picture Pie by Ed Emberly.











If you are looking for additional fraction activities and ideas be sure to check out my Math Camp Packet that was designed to be used as a fun test review or end of the year review (or I suppose start of the year review) for grades 2-4.






Follow my Teacher Store so you don't miss
Flash Freebies or Discounted Debut Items and view my easy-to-navigate online catalog.

Check out CFC's Helpful Series for Teachers: 


No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...