Friday, April 19, 2013

Less Than / Greater Than Math Centers {Virtual Vacation}

Click to access and download the Alligator Chomp Less Than and Greater Than Packet

I designed this packet to include three different levels so it can be used by multiple grade levels. It would be a nice activity to include in your Math Workshop or centers.  The visual of the alligator mouth is a good reminder for the less than and greater than symbols.

It covers Common Core Standards:K.CC.6, K.CC.7, 1.NBT.2, 1.NBT.3, and 2.NBT.5

Younger learners can compare single-digit numbers.

First graders can compare two-digit numbers.

Second and third graders can compare the sums and differences of addition and subtraction problems with regrouping. This would also make a good review for third and forth graders.

When I did this activity with my preschoolers I provided manipulatives to count and compare.

Because this is a beach day (weather permitting) for me, I thought it would be a good time to reshare my blog posts about Beach Themed Classrooms. It was the very first theme I did in my classroom and is one that can be done on the cheap. Check out all the fun tropical stuff at Dollar Tree around this time of year!


Have you been gathering your daily FREEBIE Souvenirs? Click here for details. 

Follow my Teacher Store so you don't miss
Flash Freebies or Discounted Debut Items and view my easy-to-navigate online catalog.

Check out CFC's Helpful Series for Teachers: 

By the way, if you are not already subscribed to The Clutter-Free Classroom newsletter I encourage you sign up. Subscribers receive weekly tips for organizing and managing a classroom as well as exclusive free printables. You can sign up here.