Sunday, April 14, 2013

FREEBIE Travel Journal to Give Students {Virtual Vacation}


It's time to kick off the Virtual Vacation Week of Freebie Souvenirs. This morning we are headed to the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World.
Click to access and download this free resource.

I created this free resource to provide children with valuable writing practice while on vacation and to save teachers time in preparing for a student’s absence.  It is fairly common for a parent to send in a note reading, “We’ll be going to Disney tomorrow and little Johnny will be out of school for a week. Please send home work so he won’t fall behind.”

   As teachers we realize that we can’t put all of the important lessons and activities that take place our classrooms into a photocopied packet of worksheets, but it is possible to send along some work that will be beneficial.  A family vacation is a great time for students to gain real world writing experience by journaling about their adventures. The bonus is that the finished product is a wonderful keepsake for the family.

    This packet includes a choice of covers and both primary- and intermediate-ruled writing pages specific to a typical Disney vacation. It also includes blank journaling pages with room for illustrations so you could use this packet for any family vacation. 

 




Have you been virtually traveling with us to get an entire week of freebies? Be sure to follow CFClassroom on Facebook and Instagram for real time updates and photos. Also be sure to follow my TPT Store and blog so you never miss a freebie.


Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for this! What an excellent idea!!

    Kelly
    Koonce’s Korner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks for sharing! I'm a new blogger and I am following you now. :) You definitely have a lot of followers. Congrats on your success!
    Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome idea! This happens to me all the time with kids going on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great packet, I think you should send it to the Disney hotels, and have them distribute it to all of their little guests! I am in California, and I often hear the same "I am going to Disneyland" from my students.
    Thanks for the great resource.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I only wish that I'd found it a week ago!

    ReplyDelete