Friday, March 22, 2013

Easy Way to Create a Bulletin Board Title























This week I've been sharing all of the games, projects and activities that I did with my third graders during Math Workshop while we were learning about 2D Geometry. Today I want to focus on how I displayed the cover of The Greedy Triangle to create a colorful bulletin board title in no time without damaging the book.

I simple took the book jacket off and slid paperclips over each of the four corners. Next, I used pushpins to secure the jacket to the board by putting them into the board through the paperclip. 

Because I love to have my students complete writing projects that are inspired by books, this is a great way to let passersby know what the display is all about without needing to cut and hang a bunch of letters to form a title.

Check out some of my book-inspired writing projects and bulletin boards:

A Bad Case of the Stripes
It's OK To Be Different
Owl Moon
Stellaluna
The Thankful Book
Diary of a _____ (Worm, Spider, Fly)
Charlotte's Web


Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! :) Jodi from www.CFClassroom.com

      Delete
  2. That's awesome! I've pinned this to remember next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mrs D, I would love to see a picture if you decide to do this next year. :) Jodi from www.CFClassroom.com

    ReplyDelete

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...