Monday, February 25, 2013

Back to Reality


I'm back. 

Did I mention I was going to be in Florida last week? It was a lovely and relaxing week of sun and fun at the beach with the family.  Despite a chilly start the first day, the remainder of the week was perfect...sunny and toasty warm, but not sticky, hot and humid. 

We spent our days playing in the sand in Siesta Key, looking for shark's teeth and shells, and splashing in the pool. We did a day at Legoland, visited the Mote Aquarium in Sarasota and basically just relaxed and enjoyed some quality family time.

I started my teaching career in Florida (at Eastbrook Elementary in Winter Park and Goldsboro Elementary in Sanford...anyone from there?) and always get nostalgic when I drive by Florida elementary schools with the outdoor campuses. I had such a great experience down there and miss the fabulous field trip opportunities

I'm babbling.

I'm trying to get caught up on emails, Facebook comments and Q&A left at my teacher store. I apologize if you are waiting to hear from me. I'm hoping to be caught up soon.

I also wanted to mention that I added word verification and approval checks to the comments on the blog. I apologize. I personally loathe those annoying "prove you're not a robot by typing these words" things. I swear there is something wrong with me because I am NEVER able to get it right the first time...or the 12th time for that matter. I was able to go almost 2 years without needing it, but the spam comments were getting out of control so I had to put these things in place. Hopefully it will be a temporary thing.

Do you have any fun vacations planned?


Follow my Teacher Store so you don't miss
Flash Freebies or Discounted Debut Items and view my easy-to-navigate online catalog.

Check out CFC's Helpful Series for Teachers: 


10 comments:

  1. I'm close to Sanford. I'm in Ormond Beach, just north of Daytona Beach. We just enjoyed having thousands of NASCAR race fans here. Florida does have some great field trip destinations.

    I hope you have warmer weather the next time you visit. If you are ever in the Daytona Area, look me up. My husband owns a rental stand on the beach. He always has freebies for my blogging friends.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann,
      A rental stand on the beach sounds like a fun job! It was really chilly when we arrived on Sunday and Monday was cool, but the rest of the week was perfect. :) Jodi

      Delete
    2. I am in Tennessee but try to make it to Daytona a couple times a year. (especially bike week) Our dream is to move there when my husband retires. I have always told him I wanted him to have a rental business on the beach, lol. I hope to someday teach in your area.

      Delete
  2. My spam comments are out of control, too! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lana,
      Isn't it annoying?! I was able to go filter-less for quite awhile, but it got to the point where I was getting over 100 spam comments a day. Not cool! :) Take Care, Jodi

      Delete
  3. What a small world! I don't live in Sanforf FL, but Deltona isn't that far. Yes, there are some many cool field trip opportunities down here. Just last week the kindergarten students went to Blue Springs State Park to see the manatees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh...I did that field trip with my 2nd graders when I taught down there. I love Blue Springs. It is a very small world. :) Jodi

      Delete
  4. Awe! I started following you right after your girls were born! They are so grown up!and they are all so precious! Thanks for all you for teachers everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Grace! I can't believe how quickly they've grown. I was thrilled to travel without strollers, diapers, wipes, etc, but would be content if they stayed this age forever. Take Care, Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live in Sarasota and you probably passed my school on your way to the beach. Isn't Siesta just the best beach around!!

    ReplyDelete

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...