Thursday, January 10, 2013

Snowmen at Night {a Writing Project & Craftivity}

{click to access and download the Snowmen at Night Writing and Craftivity Packet}

In addition to the winter writing and cutie-patootie snowmen that I blogged about yesterday we rocked one additional snowman project in my classroom recently.

{click image forreviews}
I began by reading the book Snowmen at Night by Caralyn Buehler. Are you familiar with the series? They are super cute. {Check out all my snowman book recommendations here if you missed them}. It was a perfect way to jumpstart the project, but you certainly could have them write about what they think snowmen do at night without the book as well.

Afterwards I had them brainstorm ideas for what they thing snowmen do at night when they are sleeping. I asked them to just pick one of their ideas to write about so they could really focus on the details. My favorite part was the adorable snowman craft they made to display with their writing. I was thisclose to adding glitter snowflakes or stars, but since glitter makes me crazy I skipped it.

I added all the materials including the templates for the snowmen to my store. As always, the packet is differentiated to be used with grades K-5 or with a range of learning abilities within one classroom

{click to access and download the Snowmen at Night Writing and Craftivity Packet}




Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

2 comments:

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...