Monday, January 21, 2013

Be Careful What You Wish For

I can't tell you how many times I've uttered the phrase, "I just really need a week alone in the house."

Which clearly falls in the category of "be careful what you wish for."

Because a random week alone comes at a price. 
If this were a Tweet, I would be all about the hashtags...

#ThingsIDon'tHaveTimeFor

#ButIt'sHighStakesTestingSeason

#ControlFreaksAndSurgeryDon'tMix

Without getting into the nitty gritty details of my intenstines, I'll say it's been a rough couple of months culminating in my gallbladder no longer being part of my body organ inventory and me going on 29 days sans coffee.

The latter being more traumatic to me than the actual removal of a body part.

I. really. miss. coffee!

I had surgery last Thursday and am "recovering" at home.

And by recovering, I mean partaking in painkiller-induced online shopping sprees (bathing suits in January in New England? Makes sense to this girl).

I'm going back to the doctor on Friday and am hoping to be cleared to return to work on Monday.

Because that's as far as my sub plans go.

And let me tell you, planning for an extended sub is no fun at all. But, I do have some pics and a blog post in the works for those of you who may find yourself in a similar situation down the road.

Luckily I lined up an awesome sub and I have a wonderful classroom aide this year so I have peace of mind that all will be well while I'm gone.

I'm not sure how this week will turn out. I was hopeful that the extended couch stay would result in having a chance to chip away at my blog and product to do list, but the past few days have actually found me falling behind. I'm feeling better each day. My kids are going back to school tomorrow so the house will be quiet.

Hopefully you'll be hearing lots more from me soon.

I hope all y'all who are off today are enjoying the l-o-n-g weekend. xoxo Jodi




Follow my Teacher Store so you don't miss
Flash Freebies or Discounted Debut Items and view my easy-to-navigate online catalog.

Check out CFC's Helpful Series for Teachers: 


24 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's try this again...
    Oh no! Wishing you a speedy recovery. Don't work so hard. About the coffee...triple OH NO! I can relate

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can really relate to that! Several years ago, much like you, I kept saying I wish I could just shut down & relax for about a week...I even jokingly said, "I wish I would be hospitalized for about a week."! Be careful what you wish for is right! I was hit by a drunk driver & ended up in ICU for 8 days! While I did get morphine-induced rest...it really wasn't the kind of rest I meant! lol
    Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery! And I agree...getting ready for a sub stinks!

    Primary Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you feel so much better so quickly! Smiles & hugs to you!

    Amy Howbert
    Little Miss Organized
    amyhowbert1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Life without my gallbladder has been great! Docs had trouble diagnosing for a few weeks. I just stopped eating because that was all that worked. Gallbladder free for more than ten years. Never have experienced that kind of pain since! Your recovery will go fast and things will be good again. Sending wishes of blessings.

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes! Hope you feel better soon.
    I'm in the process of writing extended sub plans for my tonsillectomy scheduled for next week. What a pain to write so many days of sub plans. I'll never complain about one-day plans again!
    Colleen :-)
    Fun and Fearless in First

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you heal quickly and feel better soon!
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Jodi, I'm so sorry! I had a flareup of gallstones when I was pregnant and was able to control it for a while with diet. Unfortunately, I ended up in the hospital at 3 weeks postpartum with gallstone pancreatitis. I wasn't allowed to eat for 5 days, I wasn't with my newborn, I was pumping all the time, it was AWFUL. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. That said, I healed quickly and hope you will too. And not having gallstone attacks anymore is a nice perk too. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear about your gallbladder. I had mine out years ago, but I could still have coffee. What's up with that?
    susanlulu@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my! I'm home with a sinus infection and just making 1 day arrangements was an ordeal. Thank goodness for my Sub Tub or I wouldn't have made it. YOU were my inspiration to get organized this year and that Sub Tub was a part of it. I do hope you recover quickly and are up and about soon. All the best.
    NH

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had recently my meniscus removed! I can see myself in that pic!

    Best,
    Ramon
    Fonts 4 Teachers
    Fonts 4 Teachers in TPT


    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my we must be related. I had my gallbladder removed a month ago and to my great horror before Christmas break and I am a first year teacher. Ugh! Talk about feeling extra vulnerable. Hope you feel better. I don't know about you but I lost 15lbs and feel great! I hope your recovery goes well and thanks for your site. You are a blessing for a newbie like me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my we must be related. I had my gallbladder removed a month ago and to my great horror before Christmas break and I am a first year teacher. Ugh! Talk about feeling extra vulnerable. Hope you feel better. I don't know about you but I lost 15lbs and feel great! I hope your recovery goes well and thanks for your site. You are a blessing for a newbie like me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my we must be related. I had my gallbladder removed a month ago and to my great horror before Christmas break and I am a first year teacher. Ugh! Talk about feeling extra vulnerable. Hope you feel better. I don't know about you but I lost 15lbs and feel great! I hope your recovery goes well and thanks for your site. You are a blessing for a newbie like me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so sorry that you are going through this and I hope all will be better very soon! I seriously can't imagine going without coffee but I hope you take this time to rest and feel better!!! The To Do list will always be there waiting for you so get some naps in while you can!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Prayers for a quick and healthy recovery!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh no! For one part I am so happy you are okay and recuperating. In the other part I feel sad because I feel your pain. I have gone through this before and I know its not fun. It knocks out your week and the day that lie ahead where you need to catch up.
    Thank god you are okay and safe. What matters the most now is recuperation.

    Hope you have a quicky and speedy recuperation
    Vanessa
    Kinderloves

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope you are feeling better soon. I have a teacher friend at work who had the same operation and she went back to work too soon and she ended up having to stay home even longer. I'm glad that you are resting.

    Jennifer
    Darling Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, no! I hope you are able to go back to work on Monday! I was out for a minor surgery this year and even being away for 2 days was too long for me! Feel better!

    What's Working This Year?

    ReplyDelete

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...