Tuesday, November 6, 2012

LAMINATING AT HOME {My Favorite Things}

A Friend of the Clutter-Free Classroom Facebook Fan Page asked me to recommend a personal laminator. Since I LOVE mine I figured I would post about it. :)
My trusty laminator putting the finishing touches on the
Close to 100 card game I used for Math Workshop

{click photo to read  reviews} 
At home I use the Scotch Thermal Laminator 2 Roller System (TL901) and highly recommend it. It's incredibly low cost (around $30.00), lightweight and small (so I can take it to school if I want to laminate during prep) and quality of the laminated product is excellent.

I owned a different laminator years ago. It needed a cardboard sleeve to prevent the laminating pouch from melting. I didn't care for that one at all.


I've had this one for several years now and have laminated hundreds of things with it. It will laminate up to 5ml, but I always just use Scotch Thermal Pouches 8.9 x 11.4 Inches, 100-Pack (TP3854-100) and find them to be very thick and study, but still easy enough to cut through when cutting out games for math workshop.

Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

11 comments:

  1. Ahhhh.....My original laminator just like this one died a few months ago. However, I'd had it for years, and I know I laminated it to death!!! So, I went out and bought a new one!! I'm never disappointed with it!!

    Angela
    The Daily Alphabet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, I love my home laminator! I have a Fellowes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. After years of waiting to use our school laminator and/or waiting for laminator film,.... I finally
    bought the above laminator! IT is AWESOME! If you use Michaels/Joanne Fabric coupons- it is even cheaper for the film. I love it- I can do it in my classroom- I even had some kids who could do it for me- ( older kids who loved to stop by and visit before or after school) I already had the items in between the film and ready to go- they just feed it in the machine.
    Well worth the money!!! I too got it for about $25. or $30.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gonna have to ask for this for Christmas! Our librarian doesn't do well with laminating and I always end up with something that got mangled. :( I can't fault her, goodness knows she has more than enough to do. Thank you for mentioning this in your blog!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, Love, Love my personal laminator!!!
    You can buy film relills from ABC distributors--much cheaper and work just as well as Scotch brand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a Scotch laminator, different model, but it works AMAZING! I also paid around $30 at Walmart. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it :)
    Kirsten
    Pure Joy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the same one and LOVE it! It laminates much better than the big one at school!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just had to say, I waited on the laminator and Amazon raised the price $5! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope everyone is really happy with this laminator because after reading your post yesterday I ordered it....it was also only $19!!!!! The pouches are already on their way to me :)

    Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you have good luck with laminating the whole sheet and then cutting out the pieces? I haven't been brave enough to try that yet for fear they will start peeling apart. I've been cutting, laminating, then cutting again. Only cutting once would be a great time saver, meaning more laminating time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the same one I ordered for my teaching partner as an Amazon lightening deal last year for only $16! She loves it and I still get to use it even though we're no longer partners.

    ReplyDelete