Friday, November 23, 2012

Holiday Books

While the turkey is digesting...

and the Black Friday shoppers are napping...

I have my sights set on Christmas!

I have 3 little ones in my house and they all have sugarplums dancing in their heads.

And it's contagious. I have a few posts coming up about some tried and true Christmas-themed books and projects and I've drafted a bunch of other posts about non-Christmas fun for the month of December because I know not everyone celebrates it and some schools don't even allow you to mention it. But, for today I have jingle bells on the brain so I wanted to share the Amazon order I just placed. These books will all be new to me and my family this year. Clicking on any of the covers (or links below) will take you to Amazon.com where you can read more about the books, see images from inside and read reviews.


   
My kids all adore Pete the Cat. Heck, even my third graders couldn't get enough of Rocking in the School Shoes. So needless to say I am really looking forward to introducing Pete the Cat Saves Christmas.

The Christmas Quiet Book by Deborah Underwood was an impulse buy. It looks so sweet (bonus there is a trailer for it). I know my twins will love it and my gears immediately started turning and I thought of a writing project I could have my students create after this super quick read.

I ordered Snowmen at Christmas by Caralyn Buchner because my kids are fans of the other books in the series.

Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree appears to be an older book. I had never heard of it. Have you? I purchased this one because of the reviews from readers.

I can't wait for them to arrive. If history repeats itself they will be here in the morning!!

Did you do any shopping today?



Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

5 comments:

  1. Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree was one of my favorite Christmas books growing up!!! It is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree! It is an absolute favorite, I read it every year to my 2nd graders! It's heart warming all the way through the story, and the children LOVE the ending!

    Amy Howbert
    Little Miss Organized
    amyhowbert1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree is my favorite!! All my own children LOVED the story and now I share it with my third graders every year. It is older and a lot of them have never heard it. I hope it becomes one of your holiday favorites too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the ideas! I was just thinking about what books we should read in the next month!

    - Sasha

    The Autism Helper

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree is a classic. One of my favorite Christmas books.
    Life with Mrs. L

    ReplyDelete

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...