Tuesday, November 20, 2012

CREATING INDIVIDUAL STUDENT OFFICES {Coffee and a Clever Idea}



I am a mega advocate for tables vs desks in the classroom. I simply love them. But, admittedly there are times when they feel too social and when some independent work needs to be happening.

This is the perfect solution. I typically just pass out some folders and my friends build walls around them. It's cheap and easy, but I'm thinking these would be a really great option for those kiddos that need a bit more. I've seen resource folders used before too. I like how this is higher. I also like how resources have been added with pockets and clips.

My head is spinning with how this could be customized to meet the needs of students' IEPs that allow for such accommodations as hundreds charts, number lines, etc. It would be much more personal and private.

Join me each weekday morning for coffee & a clever idea. 
Here's how: Follow my blog.




Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

3 comments:

  1. I love these, but what are they? Do they have a name? My autistic dd would love this!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea - I've got tiny desks in close proximity and sometimes my students could benefit from feeling like they are shutting out the class and focusing. Not to mention having customized tools at the ready!

    I'm not super crafty genius, though - any ideas on how to make one/29 of these?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beyond fantastic! We use them in our room for test taking but I never thought of them for other activities and for individual needs. You always have spectacular ideas!

    ReplyDelete

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...