Monday, November 5, 2012

CREATE AN "I'M DONE" BOARD {Coffee and a Clever Idea}


In my class I use a "Must Do / May Do" board and am a bit picky about the May Dos because I don't want my friends to rush through the Must Dos to quickly get to a more desirable activity. 

However, we are now in that time of the year when we've had a chance to get to know our students and they are now well aware of your expectations. That means they are less likely to produce "less than their best" with the hopes of moving on to something they are more interested in.

This is a cute display of choices. In my classroom, I have designated Friday afternoon as "Finish Up Friday." It is one of my favorite hours of the week. It gives kids a chance to get things done and allows those who are finished an opportunity to explore a choice activity. 

I like the idea of using something like this instead of the "may do" section of the board because it is a more relaxed time of week and it would also serve as a nice goal for getting the work done in the allotted time frame.


Join me each weekday morning for coffee & a clever idea. 
Here's how: Follow my blog.

Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

2 comments:

  1. This is very cute, I'd like to apply some of your ideas to my anchor activity chart. I introduced an anchor activity chart to my class this year with some of the same activities as your board. I usually add a question of the week for math too. Any reason some of the words are underlined?

    ReplyDelete