Sunday, November 18, 2012

CHRISTMAS / HOLIDAY GIFT IDEA FOR YOUR STUDENTS TO MAKE

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

Literally.

In addition to the Halls...uh, make that Malls being "decked," I am living with the giddiest 7 year old you ever did see. He has been wearing a Santa hat around the house all weekend. Yesterday, he vacuumed and dusted the living room and washed the hardwood floors in there in preparation for the arrival of the tree. Did I mention he is 7?

He's been singing Christmas carols since October. He's been trying to check Christmas books out of the library since September.

So while we are still T-minus 4 days until Thanksgiving, we have Christmas on the brain in my house.

Which is kind of a good thing because that will give me plenty of time to collect a class+ set of Crystal Lite containers so I can once again help my students make the most awesom-est, wonderful-est, fabulous-est gifts for their families.

It truly is the "gift that keeps on giving."

It's cheap.

It's easy.

And best of all it encourages home-school communication and family conversations well after the season has passed. I'm still hearing from last year's families about how much they loved these.

Below is last year's post when I introduced these along with a video overview that I added from my YouTube Channel: CLUTTER-FREE TV.
{Click to access and download this product}

I am so excited about this!

I came up with the idea and tested it out on my own little family.

It has been such an awesome, amazing, wonderful addition to our mealtimes. I truly love how it has changed the dynamic at our table and how it has connected our family.
Every December I would struggle to come up with an idea for holiday gifts that my students could make for their families. Some of the obstacles I faced included time, cost, and level of difficulty. Many of my students came from non-traditional homes and would therefore need to produce more than one gift. Also, not all of my students celebrate the same holiday so I needed to come up with something that was versatile.

I did my fair share of snow, snowman, gingerbread, and other winter-themed projects. Knowing that my mother had saved each and every gift I brought home added additional pressure. However, as a parent myself I knew that people don’t necessarily want to see some oversized, glittery object presented to them to be displayed and cherished for all eternity. I really wanted to come up with an idea that was practical, personal, and useful.

To quote the Grinch, I puzzled and puzzled till my puzzler was sore and then I thought of something I hadn’t before...something perhaps that meant a little bit more.

I am so excited about my latest creation and hope you, your students, and their families will love it too. While it was designed as a holiday present, it could certainly be used at any time of year. They would also make wonderful and affordable gifts for your parent volunteers.


christmas gift ideas for students to make holiday gift ideas for students to make for their parents families things for kids to make as gifts



Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

6 comments:

  1. This is so terrific. Thanks,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute and I can't wait to have kids to share in their joy of the magic of the season! Even at 25 I get excited to see the malls all decked out :)

    Sarah
    teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea! I don't have enough Crystal light containers for this year put will have to start saving now to do this next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now a days classromm is very much important than other things, because most of the students spending their lot of time into this.

    Online Bus Booking

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely blogspot with much amazing gifting ideas.

    ReplyDelete

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...