Monday, October 22, 2012

NEW STUDENT BAGS {Coffee & a Clever Idea}



I probably should have shared this one with you back in the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer, but that's water under the bridge. You can either put this together now or file away this brilliant tip for next year.

Have a bag on hand (or bags if you tend to get  a few New Kids on your Block) with all the things you'll need for a new students. Think about things like nametags, cubby tags, classroom information, reading strategy cards, etc. I would also have a "Welcome to Our Class" card in there that you can have the other kiddos sign before his/her arrival.

What would you include in the bag?
Join me each weekday morning for coffee & a clever idea. 
Here's how: Follow my blog.

Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.


Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

2 comments:

  1. I saw this idea in the lazy, hazy days of summer and thought it was a great one! I started on a couple of bags, worked on them a little, and never finished them. Thanks for the reminder, I'll get them out and finish them up!

    Kelly @ I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this on Pinterest over the summer. Great idea. Especially when new kids show up right before the bell to enroll and start right away. Thanks for sharing.

    Jordan
    Team V's First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete