Friday, October 5, 2012

FREEBIE FRIDAY! I PICK BOOK MARKS {Free Daily 5 Resource}

It's Friday.

And oh what a TGIFriday it is! 

Agreed? 

Oh and it's also Freebie Friday!
Today I made an IPICK bookmark. It's handy dandy for kids to have on hand in their book bags when "shopping in the classroom library." 

We had used the activities from my 43 page Genre Packet in conjunction with my 250 Library Labels packet to get said library in tip top shape these past couple of weeks. I do love messing it up and letting the kiddos put it together each year. It really helps them understand genre and take pride and ownership in the library.
It helps that I had weeded out a good chunk of books not too long ago. You can read about why here.

If you are not of the belief that "less is more" well then I encourage you to check out my tips for getting free books to grow your library even more.

Today's freebie includes 2 versions of the bookmark.  One is super cutesy and features Scrappin' Doodles clip art. The other was created as part of my popular Blackline Design Collection which makes it cheap and easy to create (save $ on ink by simply printing onto colored card stock).

Happy Happy Weekend. Why don't y'all use the strategies on these bookmarks to select a "just right book" for yourself and snuggle in for a cozy Autumn weekend!



Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

5 comments:

  1. These are both so cute! We love using bookmarks as reference tools. Thanks for sharing and Happy Friday! Woot Woooo!

    ~Christy & Tammy
    Fluttering Through First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!Thank you so much! Just did a lesson on this with the Grade 4's in my library class this morning. These will make a great addition to next week lesson when we continue to put these to work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Freebie!!! Thanks so much for sharing. I love the black and whtie collection too. Great idea.

    -Sharon

    The Tennessee Teacher

    I'm an education student and would love some encouraging followers to come visit me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so, so, so, so, so, do not mean to be annoying. I don't. But I think you meant "complement" Daily 5 (‘add to something in a way that enhances or improves') and not "compliment" (‘admire and praise someone for something"). Thank you Mac dictionary for the definitions.

    And now I will go back to lurking and enjoying your blog and products because that is really annoying. Especially when you were kind enough to share for free!

    ReplyDelete