Friday, October 19, 2012

BOXES MADE FROM PAINT SAMPLES {Coffee & a Clever Idea}



I feel the need to preface this post by saying that if you ask your friendly store worker they will more than likely give you paint samples. If they don't just go to another store and ask. There. Now that I've added the "please don't steal paint chips" disclaimer we can move on to the post. :)

I know this isn't in English. But know worries as a picture is truly worth a 1000 words.

As soon as I saw this I thought, "what a way cool way to let kids practice measurement skills in a real life way." With the Common Core Math Standards being so measurement heavy I can see you getting lots of mileage out of this idea. 

I would encourage kids to do this as an indoor recess choice as well.
Join me each weekday morning for coffee & a clever idea. 
Here's how: Follow my blog.

Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

5 comments:

  1. So cute! Do them in fall colors for Thanksgiving table decorations or Christmas colors (same reason) or reds and pinks for Valentine's and fill with candy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea!
    I've seen a TON of paint chip teaching ideas on Pintrest, so I started collecting them whenever I went to Wal-Mart or a paint store. Usually, the workers are more than happy to give you some. My friends started picking some up for me too, so I not have quite a massive collection!

    Glad to have yet another idea to use them with - thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete