Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Walking in the HALL {Coffee & a Clever Idea}


Isn't this a great poster? I've seen/used little poems and other hallway chants, but I love the simplicity of this. It's easy to remember and to the point. I also like it because ALL is a tricky sight word and many words rhyme with that word family so it makes a nice reference for the little ones. Be sure to check out Mrs. Terhune's blog for more great anchor chart ideas. She's got a bunch to see.

Join me each weekday morning for coffee & a clever idea. 
Here's how: Follow my blog.

Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

4 comments:

  1. Very clever! Love relevant acronyms!
    http://growingfirsties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use something I made up: "A line is straight, a line is quiet, a line faces forward, a line has hands to itself." I do lunch duty each day in our small Christian school, and by October, even the Kindergarteners can say it with me. I always find it funny, though, that the K can do it more quickly and easily than my 5th and 6th graders! Middle schoolers are such social beings that stright and quiet are very difficult! Thanks for another great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic. Why is walking in the halls such a difficult task to master?! It ain't that difficult people!
    We've been on the "tightrope" kick and challenging our firsties to not fall off that tightrope when we walk! Tricks, tricks, tricks. Thanks for sharing!

    ~Christy & Tammy
    Fluttering Through First Grade

    ReplyDelete