Monday, September 17, 2012

The Elusive Black Pocket Chart {Q&A Monday}


It may sound silly, but one of my all time FAQs has been, "Where did you get your black pocket charts?" And when I say Frequently Asked I mean a few emails every single day. This picture from this post tends to get pinned a lot so me thinks that is where the question often originates.



If any of the bigwig teacher supply manufacturers out there are reading this, there is money to be made in black pocket charts. It seems like everyone wants one (or 8) of them.


Here's the sad, sad tale. I bought them a few years (actually if I remember correctly it was the year I came back from maternity leave so circa 2006) in the Target Dollar Spot. I know, right? A DOLLAR!!!! 

I did search the world over.

Well, I searched the internet anyhow.

Here's the best I could come up with for you...

Mardell's has a black pocket chart, for holding file folders. Not quite what y'all have been looking for, but it's nice.

I also found a tutorial for a "DIY Pocket Chart" if you feel like getting your craft on.


Visit my Blog Calendar Page to read about my daily Blog Schedule and learn about all the ways to follow along with the Clutter-Free Classroom.


Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I didn't even know that they made black pocket charts!

    Angela
    The Daily Alphabet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Mardel! They have some awesome file folder charts, in great patterns and colors.

    EmilyK

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have searched high and low for a black pocket chart and I agree, there is money to be made if one of the companies out there would just make them! In fact, I did email one of them (Teacher Created Materials, I think) and offered up the suggestion. Here's to hoping that one of the companies out there will catch on!

    Aimee
    Primarily Speaking

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if any sellers on etsy.com or similar sites would create custom pocket charts for decent prices...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's a black calendar pocket chart.

    http://catalog.mathlearningcenter.org/store/product-923817.htm

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think there's a big market (ok - well at least I would buy them) for black, gray, and jewel toned teaching materials.

    ReplyDelete

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...