Tuesday, September 18, 2012

TABLETOP SCRAP BASKETS {Teacher Time Saver Tuesday}

This photo was taken while we were working on out Place Value Name/Initial Common Core Craftivity.
You can
read about it and see more photos here.
Save yourself the hassle of needing to clean up the classroom at the end of the day by having systems in place to help it stay clean throughout the day. One of the easiest ways to keep the room tidy (especially during a big project) and to prevent students from wandering around the classroom frequently is to invest in some tabletop scrap baskets. I bought mine at Dollar Tree so they were only $1.00 each. 

I love that they are small enough that they stack into each other (I have 6) and fit in my closet easily when not in use, but are large enough to hold bigger scraps. I have my students put all of their scraps into the buckets as they are working. At the end of the activity these can be quickly dumped into the recycling bin.

Visit my Blog Calendar Page to read about my daily Blog Schedule and learn about all the ways to follow along with the Clutter-Free Classroom.


Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

7 comments:

  1. So smart!!! I will be buying some for our tables!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another brilliant idea! High school kids are looking for any excuse to get up out of their seats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah love this idea! I'm thinking about also designating a basket for the classroom for extra glue stick caps...somehow we always seem to end up one short or with a few extra after a pasting activity! Never fails!

    Lilypadlittles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea, my little kindergarteners love to stand by the trash can or cut tiny pieces of papers & drop them on the floor. Time to hit the Dollar Tree :-) Thxs a Million.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started this this year... Used my Cameo to cut out "trash" in vinyl to label the buckets! :) it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know why I didn't think of this, especially since I have one of my own near my intervention table!! Duh!!! Thanks for sharing!

    Angela
    The Daily Alphabet

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! I started using this, this year too after seeing a post or pinterst on it. What really nice is that my fifth graders love it too! They think it is great that they get their own trash bucket. :)

    ReplyDelete