Wednesday, September 19, 2012

ORGANIZING NOTES & PICTURES FROM STUDENTS{Coffee & a Clever Idea}


I can't think of any other profession besides teaching where people constantly draw you pictures and leave happy little notes for you. It's one of the perks.

It also leaves you with more paper to manage and organize and as teachers, we already have our hands full with that. I've been guilty of saying, "Oh this is lovely. I'm going to take it home and put it on my refrigerator." None of my little friends have ever questioned the fact that there is no fridge large enough to hold all of the student artwork that is allegedly hanging on it.

I had designated a spot in the classroom to display it and would rotate it out as new pics came in, but thought that taking down one student's work to put up another's could be hurtful. This is a perfect solution.

Create a binder to store all of those sweet little notes and drawings. I love the idea of making it available for the class to read because it encourages writing for an audience/purpose. If you are going to go that route, I suggest asking the author/artist before putting a piece of his/her work into the binder in case they view it as personal.
Join me each weekday morning for coffee & a clever idea. 
Here's how: Follow my blog.

Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

4 comments:

  1. Great idea! Wish I had thought of it years ago. Wouldn't it be neat to have one spot for years worth of those notes, so that when former students drop by, they could revisit their notes and creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea! I move around alot so I have lots of those little notes and pictures at the bottom of packing boxes because I didn't want to throw them out. Thanks
    Tania
    Mrs Poultney's Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I call mine Mrs. Burbey's Art Gallery. They get so excited when I say I will save it in there forever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous idea! So simple yet so great!
    ~April Walker
    The Idea Backpack

    ReplyDelete

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...