Thursday, September 27, 2012

ORGANIZE YOUR LIBRARY WITH CLOTHESPINS {Coffee & a Clever Idea}


This is quick and easy way to maintain an organized classroom library. Label a pinch-style clothespin for each student. I like to use numbers so they can be used year after year. When a student takes a book from the classroom library, he/she attaches the clip to the basket the book came out of. This makes it easy to return the book to the correct basket and maintain order in the library.

Join me each weekday morning for coffee & a clever idea. 
Here's how: Follow my blog.


Follow my Teacher Store so you don't miss
Flash Freebies or Discounted Debut Items and view my easy-to-navigate online catalog.

Check out CFC's Helpful Series for Teachers: 


4 comments:

  1. That is a great idea. Thanks for sharing. I think I am going to try this with my kinders.

    Happy Blogging!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea! I used shelf markers last year when my books were just in a book case, but now that they're in tubs, I didn't know what to do!

    Thanks!
    -Dani
    A Place to Thrive

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea and actually tried it last year, but the sides of my baskets were just a tad too big for clothespins, so they didn't stay on too long and the kids lost them... So this year I attached a library book pocket to the side of each basket, and whenever they check out a book they put a popsicle stick with their number on it in the pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What happens if they check out more than one book? How are they able to remember which book goes in which bin?

    ReplyDelete

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...