Sunday, September 2, 2012

NEW FOR THE NEW YEAR - A CLUTTER-FREE BLOG SCHEDULE


Oh my gosh friends. I can't believe we just wrapped up the Summer of Daily Teacher Tips and Flash Freebies. It was exciting, exhausting, and more fulfilling than I ever could have imagined. To be completely honest, I'm amazed and humbled by what Clutter-Free Classroom has become. I am one of the lucky people in the world who really and truly enjoys what I do professionally each and every day. Teaching has always felt more like a favorite hobby than a job to me.  Over the years I have had the honor of teaching preschool, kindergarten, first, second and third grade. Each has held different challenges and rewards. My favorite parts of being a classroom teacher have been having the opportunity to be in a role that allows me to be creative, design learning environments, develop strategies for managing "teacher life," and feeling like something I've done has positively influenced another individual. 

Clutter-Free Classroom has taken all of those aspects that I love about teaching and multiplied them times infinity. I love the open-ended creativity that designing lessons and products for my teacher store allows me. I enjoy having a venue for sharing what I've experimented with, learned and practiced over the years. But, above and beyond all else I must say that the feeling of having done something that positively effects so many teachers and students (literally around the world) in one way or another has truly been, by far, the most rewarding professional experience I've ever had.

I swear I am not an emotional person, but some of the comments and emails y'all have sent me have actually made me get all teary. As in real tears of happiness. And that is so not my scene so it must mean something. :)

And on that note I just wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you. Thanks for reading along. Thanks for your feedback.  Thanks for following my blog and/or my Store and/or my Facebook Fan Page and/or my Pinterest Boards. I feel like a different part of my personality comes through in each of those and I really enjoy connecting with you all through each different avenue (...but not Twitter...I just don't get Twitter). Thanks for your feedback (both good and bad...it helps me to grow). Thanks for helping to make my little CFC baby continue to grow by sharing it with your colleagues (both real and virtual). 

And now to my original point for this post (which was not to get all touchy-feely-emotional because remember...that is not my scene): What's next on the Clutter-Free Agenda?

As you know I like order. I like schedules. I like organization. I like plans. So it only made sense to plan out a systematic blogging schedule as we head forward into the 2012-2013 school year. As I mentioned above, I love that this blog has become a source of information and inspiration for so many teachers and that they are taking away ideas that they can then share with even more teachers. So I came up with a plan to keep the focus on just that.

Below is the Clutter-Free Classroom Blog Calendar. It shows you what to expect and when to expect it. If you aren't already following via an RSS feed or email updates please check out this post to see how to stay connected. If you know another teacher that you feel could benefit from reading along please send them the link directly to this post. If you've already told everyone you know in real life, but still want to spread the word to teachers you don't actually know then feel free to pin the image at the top of this post to whichever of your pinboards you feel it is applicable to.

And without further ado...here is what is in store for the 2012-2013 School Year.


The first thing I do when I wake up is pour myself a cup of coffee and spend some quiet time checking out what's new in cyberspace. I know I'm not alone in this so if you are like me you may be happy to know that each weekday morning I'll post a photo and a clever idea that you can use in your classroom. It'll be up and ready to read by 5:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time so pour your own cup of Joe and swing by to see what I've found to share with you.


Snapshots on Sunday will include my personal photos from the past week that strictly relate to teaching. They say a picture is worth a thousand words and I couldn't agree more. I am always so inspired and learn so much from other teachers' photos.  So in addition to posting my own pics, I will be hosting a weekly SNAPSHOTS ON SUNDAY Linky Party. I encourage you to also post your school-related photos for others to see. It's a great way to drive lots of traffic to your site, gain new followers and be part of a collaborative effort to inspire and motivate others. If you don't want to wait until Sunday to see what I'm up to, you can follow me on Instagram (user name: CFClassroom) since the majority of my pics are now snapped with an iphone.


I try to reply to the questions I receive through comments, email and Facebook in a timely manner, but it is certainly something I need to get better about. Some of the questions that get sent in would fall in a FAQ category so I plan to answer them on the blog on Mondays. Are you wondering about something? Do you want more details on one of my posts? Shoot me an email (cfclassroom@gmail.com) or inbox me through Facebook.


Seriously...is time not a teacher's greatest obstacle? Tuesdays will be dedicated to sharing my own tried and true time saving strategies to help you make the most of each minute of the day.


Because sometimes I feel random and because there are things I know I'll want to share that don't fall neatly into one of the other categories I've designated Wednesdays as my "Whatever Day." You may see a guest blogger. You might get a tour of another teacher's classroom. You may get links to useful sites. Who knows? But, I guarantee it will be related to teaching and hopefully include lots of things that will help you in your classroom.


If time is a teacher's greatest obstacle then money takes a close second. Between buying things for your classroom, paying for advanced degrees out of pocket and regular living expenses it's important to 
s-t-r-e-t-c-h those hard-earned teacher dollars just as far as you possibly can. Thursdays will be a day focused on helping you do just that.

 I had so much fun creating Flash Freebies throughout the summer that I'm not quite ready to part with them. Each Friday will feature a different Flash Freebie.  

 Saturday is the one and only day that I will promote my original products as they are released in my store.  And here's the fun part....Each new product will debut on sale at 20% off it's normal retail price. I plan to upload all of my new products at once and they will be available at the sale price throughout that weekend. 

Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

24 comments:

  1. I am really looking forward to what comes next! Your blog rocks!
    www.growingfirsties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting stuff! :)

    Sandra
    Sweet Times in First
    sweettimesinfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- you are super organized. I love the idea of have a schedule of posts and have been kicking it around. I get so busy with school that I don't always get around to posting. I might start with a couple set days. I just referred your blog to a teacher friend because we are doing a classroom make-over in her room and she wants to do a patriotic theme. I used some of your sports ideas when I had a classroom, so I knew you would be a great one for her to use.

    Thanks :)
    Antoinette

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog and all the freebies! What a great idea to have a weekly schedule for your blogs! I'm excited to read them and participate in your Sunday Linky!


    Aimee
    aimee@vanmiddlesworth.org
    Pencils, Books, and Dirty Looks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new plans!

    Gladys
    teachinginhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really looking forward to checking out a different topic each day. My favorite will probably be Flash Freebie Friday. LOL. I've grabbed a lot of the freebies you had over the summer. They were great! Good luck this school year!

    -Jeremy
    Mr. Michelbook's Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great way to organize your blog posts. Can't wait!!

    ❤ -Stephanie
    Falling Into First

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this new structure!! Can't wait :)

    Kimberly
    The Learning Tree

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am obssesed with your blog, so I cannot wait to readd your new posts. :D best wishes on the new school year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the themes...what font did you use for the letters of the days of the week?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm still stuck on the part about '5:00 am' Are you up then doing all of this??? I am truly in awe. We started school last week and after reading your books this summer I decluttered like mad as I got the classroom ready. Took me forever but most things have a place now. Unfortunately 28 kids also have to have a place so it's a little tight - but I can find things more easily than before! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my gosh! This is incredibly ambitious! You are amazing. I'm excited to start participating in the sunday snapshot with you!
    Adventures in Room 5

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowsers. You rock. You kept me very inspired over the summer, so I am really looking forward to your new blog schedule :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your post is great to read. I was amazed this blog of mine a year now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am truly curious...how do you have time to blog something EVERY day? I have a blog (not in any way related to teaching, except that I am a teacher, so it sneaks in once in a while) but I have trouble finding time once a week! And to have something posted by 5AM! I won't be able to check your dailies then, but I do look forward to them! God bless! Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know it's been asked before but HOW do you have the time? Thank you for everything. I snatched up almost every flash freebie this summer! As a first year teacher you have been so helpful in getting me set up. You gave me things to work on over the summer that I never would have thought of and have def already saved me time, energy, and money throughout my first week of teaching. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. you are awesome! 5:00 AM what time do you go to bed? I've posted once since school started. I so love that you do everyday and are so creative in what you post. Keep up the AWESOME work! I check it everyday!
    Laura
    www.laurasopenhouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jodie, you have been a true inspiration to me! I have incorporated many of your ideas and tips into my classroom over the two years I have been following you. I love how my room looks and I now have sanity with my organization. Thank you! You have an amazing gift and I am just one of the many who gets to benefit from you sharing it. I would love to hear more about your Math Workshop. In one of your posts you mentioned that you would be coming back to it with a little more depth. I love the math rotation board you created! Mine is up and ready to go. The new schedule looks great! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the schedule that you have laid out. I am so excited to follow along with you. Thanks for always being such an inspiration and for sharing such wonderful ideas.

    ✰ Stacy

    Simpson Superstars

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! I am in awe! Here I am hosting a little ole linky party and you are the maven of blog heaven! In case you have a little extra time why don't you come on over and join the New Year Linky Party at http://teachingisagift.blogspot.ca/2012/12/2013-new-year-linky-party.html. There are over 50 TPT authors and teacher bloggers and the party keeps growing! I would love to see you there!

    ReplyDelete

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...