Monday, September 3, 2012

MY FAVORITE FONTS {Q&A Monday}



I think the #1 question I get asked most often is some variation of "What font did you use on ____?" or "Where do you get your fonts?" or "What is your favorite font?"

So while this is not a specific question, I felt like it was a perfect place to start for my first Q&A Monday.


I must start by saying I love fonts. Sometimes I want to hop in a time machine go back to my first few years of teaching and shake my younger naive self while yelling, "Girl there is so much more to life that Comic Sans!!!"

Fonts make me happy.

But, as much as I like to ooh and aah over them, I do find myself gravitating towards the same favorites over and over again. I think that's because when I design my products or items for my own classroom I like them to coordinate. Therefore I don't get too crazy with new fonts all the time. 

Currently my favorite is Smiley Monster, but it comes at a cost. There are no capital letters. So I cheat a bit. I often use a lowercase l to be a capital i or I'll add in a capital from Wish I Was Taller or Tangerine and do the rest of the word in my beloved Smiley Monster.

As for where I get them from...Kevin and Amanda rock my world. Two Peas Fonts are also awesomely amazing. I've also been known to spend some time lovin' on DaFont.

Do you have a favorite font?

Visit my Blog Calendar Page to read about my daily Blog Schedule and learn about all the ways to follow along with the Clutter-Free Classroom.




Follow my Teacher Store so you don't miss
Flash Freebies or Discounted Debut Items and view my easy-to-navigate online catalog.

Check out CFC's Helpful Series for Teachers: 


13 comments:

  1. We share some font favorites! Love this!

    Happy Teaching,

    Ashley
    The Teacher's Treasure Chest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, My name is Kimberly and I'm a font addict.

    Kimberly
    The Learning Tree

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some of my favorites too! Right now I've been using "Annoying Kettle" alot. Thanks for sharing. I have used many of your ideas this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Thank you Thank you!! I thought you were ignoring me, you were just saving the goodness! I have turned into a font addict, by students don't know just how spoiled they are. :) I love them and I love your blog, thank you again! Have a FANTASTIC school year!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me again, the Tangerine that I'm finding isn't the same as yours. Weird! I like yours better than what I'm finding too. :(
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember when I thought comic sans was the best~!!! Too funny. It's amazing how we have all changed with the times.
    One of my favorite fonts right now is Janda Scrapgirl Dots (dafont.com). I have used it in alot of my Common Core creations.

    My Journey to 5th Grade

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just downloading fonts earlier today! Now if only I could sync them between my home and work computers...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've downloaded them, but I'm not sure how to access them. Please help.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE SMILEY MONSTER. So much that I had to capitalize it. I do dislike that it has no capitals, good tip about the cheating though!
    Adventures in Room 5

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooohhh...I love all of these too! I am a smiley monster girl. I also love "cheri" and "elastic wrath" and "CK Handprint." :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. AGGGHhghhhhgggghhh! That's me choking in shock that you didn't put up any Kimberly Geswein fonts!! lol I design for her - the Janda fonts are mine. :) Plus, her fonts are completely adorable--have you seen Love Ya Like a Sister? My FAVORITE font ever. Her blog is at kimberlygeswein.com, and you can get her fonts at dafont.com and search out Kimberly Geswein, or to get MY fonts with her, Janda fonts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is so funny that you wrote on your blog that fonts make you happy. I was just saying those EXACT words to several co-workers today!! I love smiley monster and have been lamenting the fact that it has no capitals. Thank you for sharing your little trick about using wish i was taller or tangerine. I'm off to find those fonts now!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing your favorites!I had to download them all! I was making library labels that were not featured in your set and it was making me crazy that I couldn't figure out which font you used:) Thanks for making this Type A girl so happy that I can match everything!

    ReplyDelete

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...