Sunday, September 2, 2012

How I Make a Seating Chart

I wanted to take a minute to show you how I create my seating plan for the classroom. I use Powerpoint or Keynote to design a layout of my classroom and then create and manipulate text boxes to "move kids  around." We start school on Wednesday. I do a very random seating on that day. The next two days are half days. I move a few friends around each day to try out different configurations. The following Monday is the first full day and I usually have a more permanent arrangement on that day. I love how easy it is to play with configurations doing it this way and I also love that I have an instant printable when I'm done. Here's what I do....





Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

5 comments:

  1. I pretty much do the EXACT same thing! Everything is easier on the computer!! :)

    Shanyn
    Coffee, Kids and Compulsive Lists

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do my seating chart by hand, but now seeing yours, I am going to use this technique! Love it!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Color coding the kids is such a great idea!

    -Dani
    A Place to Thrive

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep I agree with Dani- LOVE that you color code the kids as you get to know them. Will certainly add this to my ideas list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of color-coding! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete