Friday, September 28, 2012

FREE STORY MAPS for READING & WRITING {Friday Freebie}


T. G. I. Freebie Friday!!

I whipped this week's freebie up to use with my class next week. We're focusing on Story Elements and Plot as some of the skills in Treasures. Since it will be tested as part of the unit assessment, I wanted to create some additional practice for them.

This file includes 2 story maps that can be used with any book / story to record character, setting, problem, solution, beginning, middle and end. I made one with lines for older learners and one without lines for younger learners to illustrate. The two options are also nice for differentiating in your own classroom to meet the varied needs of your students.

These organizers work well for pre-writing also. Have students plan a story in words or pictures using one of these printables prior to writing a draft.


{Click here to access and download this FREE printable}



Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

6 comments:

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...