Thursday, September 6, 2012

DRY ERASE "PLATE" {Thrifty Thursday}

{source}


Having a class set of dry erase boards is a great way to save paper and / or have all students participate in a group lesson by writing their response.

But, dry erase boards are pricey.

Plastic sheet protectors are a great alternative. I especially like being able to slide in a worksheet or graphic organizer as an environmentally-friendly option. 

However, those are too floppy to have kids write on and hold up for you to see at a glance. So I present a wonderful (read: cheap) alternative...

PLASTIC PLATES

You can even pick a color to match your classroom. 

Because things like that are important. ;)

Visit my Blog Calendar Page to read about my daily Blog Schedule and learn about all the ways to follow along with the Clutter-Free Classroom.




Follow my Teacher Store so you don't miss
Flash Freebies or Discounted Debut Items and view my easy-to-navigate online catalog.

Check out CFC's Helpful Series for Teachers: 


4 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I was looking at the dollar spot at Target and they have sentence strips laminated, well, they're like small boards where kids can write a sentence. I figure once they go 75% off I'll nab them, but the plates are an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over 10 ago I bought a large sheet (4' x 6') of Hardboard Marker Board Wainscot at Lowe's and had them cut it into individual boards for me. The cost of the board was less than $15 and because I was a teacher and going to use the boards in my classroom, the cuts were done for free! They have worked perfectly all these years and no need for replacement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this on pinterest and thought it was genious! I still haven't tried it. I think I pin super awesome things and then forget to go back and look at all the awesome-ness. Thanks for the reminder!!

    Kimberly
    The Learning Tree

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very lucky this year to be at a school that has invested in some durable individual whiteboards for each class, however that may not be the case when I have to move on to a new school( military wife) so I will be taking this idea with me! Thanks and just wanted to let you know that I linked back to your post on my recent post about whiteboard crayons, hope you don't mind. You can check it out here http://poultneytania.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/whiteboard-crayons-wow.html
    Tania
    Mrs Poultney's Ponderings

    ReplyDelete

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...