Wednesday, August 29, 2012

TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES {Teacher Tip #32}

Do you take pictures in the classroom?  I sometimes feel like the teacher paparazzi. 

They are so fantastic for writing prompts, bulletin boards and keepsakes for the families at the end of the year.

I ALWAYS take pics on the first day. Here's what I'm doing this year. 

Have you seen these frames? They are the latest Pinterest craze. 

And I now subscribe to the "If it's on Pinterest then it HAS to be cool and I NEED to be a part of it" philosophy.

So you can put money on the fact that my cute new third graders will be posing behind a pimped out piece of foamboard in their adorable new school clothes with all those stylish new hairdos one week from today.

And since I was going to print and make a frame anyhow, I decided to make it into a packet so other teachers can make the parents' of their students happy with this sweet keepsake.

It was easy to make and I thought it would be great to have to take me own kids' pictures as well.

Except it seems I forgot that my son is actually going to be a 2nd grader and made him participate in a photo shoot with a 1st grade sign. 

No worries because it wasn't actually his first day of school (also evidenced by the outfit as the 1st day of school is the one and only day I am allowed to dress him in plaid shorts and a collared polo anymore...after that it is Abercrombie Tees and 'Comfy Pants' because it appears that at the ripe old age of 7 boyfriend has an opinion)...oops...I'm off topic.

Anyhow, here is how I made the frame (in under 20 minutes btw)


Now I realize that for a huge percentage of you, First Day of School 2012 is filed under, "Been There. Done That." So I made sure to include little crayon boxes dated 2012 through 2016 so you can file this away for next year.  

OR...

You could do it now because I also included graphics that read "I love School" which could be used in place of "The First Day of School."


I plan to take a picture of each student on the first day of school and will display them with my Back-to-School Writing Packet Projects for a cute and easy bulletin board.
{click here to access and print this packet}
The packet includes:

First Day of School Printables
I Love School Printables
Pencils for Grades Preschool - Sixth
Years for 2012 - 2016
Photo Instructions
Additional Clipart




This item debuted as a Flash Freebie on 8.2912 & was available from 11:30a.m.-6:30 a.m. on 8.31.12 
{Eastern Standard Time}
Be sure to follow my blog and store so you never miss the Freebie of the Day.



Follow my Teacher Store so you don't miss
Flash Freebies or Discounted Debut Items and view my easy-to-navigate online catalog.

Check out CFC's Helpful Series for Teachers: 


6 comments:

  1. What an awesome freebie! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the freebie! I will have to make this for next since we we are already in our second week of school :) Or I guess I could fake it and pretend it was the first day of school. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely adorable! Thank you so much for sharing. I saw these on Pinterest but haven't had time to make one. Now I have no excuses to me ready for my 3rd and 4th graders next week Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SUPER cute! I'm having trouble printing this, no matter what I do, it's only printing half of the page. The playdough recipe did the same thing. Please help...School starts next week. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you the printables are so cute. I have them printed at my local UPS store their color copies cost less than Office Depot for some reason they could not print the glue bottle, it showed up on the pdf but had missing sections on the print

    ReplyDelete

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...