Saturday, August 18, 2012

STUDENT PORTFOLIO BOXES {Classroom 360}

Classroom 360 is a complete tour of my classroom as designed for the 2012-2013 school year. Each post highlights an aspect of my room with photos, a detailed explanation of it's purpose, and often times videos.

Aren't they gorgeous?!?

They make my heart skip a beat each and every time I look at them.  My room is a mix of my Bright and Cheerful packet and my Blackline Decor packet and if those two packets got together and had babies, I'm pretty sure these boxes would be those adorable, happy babies!

I've been anxiously waiting to show you these boxes.

But, as we've traveled 360 degrees around my made-over classroom, these were at something like 340 degrees so it took awhile to get here...and that's with skipping over my Reader's Workshop Board {which we'll visit on Monday}.

These boxes are my favorite makeover project by far.

If you followed my INSPIRED series back in June then you may remember these cuties:


I had a row of boxes sitting on my top shelf that I had been using to store all of my Treasures Reading Curriculum in (each box housed a week's materials). But I came up with a new system for that and couldn't part with the boxes. 

I had the idea this year to use them to store student portfolio work.

We don't do formal portfolios, but I do keep a collection of all their published writing and such for open house and parent teacher or student led conferences. I've used folders in the past, but love the idea of just dropping the work in. Each student will have a box with his/her number on it.

Here's what I did:






You may also be interested in the makeover I did on my Daily Copy Boxes if you missed it the first time.



Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

19 comments:

  1. Wow! That's quite a project! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab as usual...I expect no less, and have been following you before you had this blog. You are inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo pretty! I'm getting my boxes at IKEA today and can't wait to start my project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great! What do you include in them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look AMAZING! Where did you get the boxes from? I seriously LOVE the way it came out!
    -Kirsten
    Pure Joy

    ReplyDelete
  6. To DIE FOR!!! You soooooo ROCK!!! LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh I love this!! We have always used folders for our portfolios (we have to keep them for writing) but I am thinking that I might want to steal this idea from you!! (And now that I think about it....I have a whole set of Star calendar pieces I don't use....)

    My hubby is going to HATE my blog hopping because it usually leads to SHOPPING lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. what kind of boxes were you using to remake for the student portfolios? I love this idea and I am a huge scrapbooker so this would work wonderfully for me

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cute! I am looking through my scrapbook paper right now to see what I have to cover their book boxes with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look AWESOME! Thanks for sharing. And pretty borders for the spines of three rings? BRILLIANT!!! I am new to blogging and would love it if you would check out my blog!!

    Amy
    Griffith's 3rd Grade Garden

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are phenomenal! I wish I had a third of the creativity you have. Seriously, though, they are great and a great way to save students' stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous!! My grade level has been needing portfolio storage and these are beautiful!! I see myself making a trip to Ikea in the very near future!! Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What do you do with the play doh?

    ReplyDelete
  14. My district JUST adopted Treasures- do you have a link of how you organized the material as mentioned? =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW---I love the before/after! That is probably the most striking change that I've seen on a blog---they are stunning! I have to stick with the basic 8-10 colors, otherwise it looks awful :(. You have a gift!

    Liesl
    wildworldofkindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I use Treasures also....how did you keep everything together?

    ReplyDelete

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...