Friday, August 10, 2012

My Letter to the Class {Classroom 360}

Classroom 360 is a complete tour of my classroom as designed for the 2012-2013 school year. Each post highlights an aspect of my room with photos, a detailed explanation of it's purpose, and often times videos.


Back in June I wrote a series titled, Inspired

So. much. fun.

I basically featured fabulous pictures and ideas found floating around cyberspace that totally inspired me and my classroom set-up. I wanted to wrap up my Classroom 360 Series by sharing how they look in my room.

The poster about is a letter to the class. I really loved the idea when I originally saw it, but wanted to use text that was applicable to my class. As a school, we've been focusing heavily on "effective effort" so I wanted to include that language.  Most of the teachers in my district have taken a Skillful Teacher course which encourages teachers to send the message that work is important and that we won't give up on them. Also, I plan to be very goal driven this year. So I incorporated a little bit of this and a little bit of that and came up with the letter above.

I actually wrote it onto small poster board in pencil to allow for error. I then traced over the pencil in Sharpie an added those cute little dots on each letter that teachers are famous for. Next, I picked out some key words that I wanted to highlight and retraced those with bright colors to match my classroom color scheme. Finally, I mounted the poster board onto the black and white chart that the sweet folks at Barker Creek sent me to review.  

Speaking of Barker Creek...did you have a chance to enter the Barker Creek giveaway to win 7 of their themed classroom decor / organization products? 

Oh, and speaking of giveaways...did you have a chance to enter my Pin It to Win It $100.00 Target Gift Card. Winner of all contests including the daily winners for the wishlist item of their choice will be announced tomorrow morning (I've been drawing them daily, but didn't want to spam your RSS feeds with winner names each day).


TGIF for those of you back in school already and "Happy Just Another Day of Summer Vacation" to those of you who are still enjoying the Dog Days of August poolside and at the beaches.


Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

3 comments:

  1. WONDERFUL! Have you ever had teachers and parents ask why you call your students, "Friends."
    I have and am wondering what others response to that questions is! SMILES

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the idea of writing a letter to your class and framing it. It shows that you really care and it's important enough to showcase in your room. I might even have each student write a letter to themselves or to "the class". I am inspired! Thanks!

    ~Tanya Rae
    http://tanyaraedotdotdot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...