Tuesday, August 21, 2012

GRAB SOME FREE STORAGE CONTAINERS {Teacher Tip #29}

I do love Target at any time of year, but the back to school section has a special place in my heart.

While I glare at it with bitter eyes in early July because it is way too soon to be thinking about going back, my excitement increases as the summer progresses.

In addition to those perfectly pointy Crayolas and gorgeous speckled composition books there lies hidden treasures.

Boxes!

Not just any boxes...sturdy, colorful boxes that are designed to house notebooks and other related supplies.

They are also perfect for organizing your classroom (especially the shelves).

And they are FREE!

I simply condense the straggling folders and notebooks into one box and ask really sweetly for the (now) empty ones.

Put a label over the writing and you have some awesome new storage tools.

Today's freebie is a treat for my middle school and high school friends (I didn't realize there were so many of you reading along until y'all started posting on my Facebook Fan Page). So for them...by request...I've created "period labels" for student work boxes.

Since I'm so out of touch with high school (unless watching Glee counts), I made periods 1-8. I have no idea if it is too many or too few. Let me know. :)  I added the printables to my original packet for student work baskets/bins.

If you didn't have a chance to grab them then you can snag them now. Here's the original post.

Follow my Teacher Store so you don't miss
Flash Freebies or Discounted Debut Items and view my easy-to-navigate online catalog.

Check out CFC's Helpful Series for Teachers: 


16 comments:

  1. I was having trouble getting and keeping my units organized, so I went to a local Western Store and asked for their extra Boot Boxes. They are very sturdy and free.(some come with plastic handles, too). I use them to store my thematic activities. This makes it some much easier to have what I need in one spot. It also looks very neat and clean/uniform in my closet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the idea. I don't know if I have any western stores in my area. Where do you live? :) Jodi

      Delete
  2. My Target tells me "no" all the time :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That's a bummer. You could always try Walmart, Staples, Office Max, etc. :) Jodi

      Delete
    2. I've never tried asking for empty boxes, but whenever I'm buying class sets of notebooks, folders, etc, I keep them in the box (since I'm buying a whole box). They always let me keep those.

      -Dani
      A Place to Thrive

      Delete
  3. Okay, these are really, really awesome and I so appreciate it! However, you accidentally left off 3rd and 4th period! Can you add those please? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather,
      You mean they don't give you 3rd and 4th period off? LOL Sorry about that. It's all fixed now. :) Jodi

      Delete
    2. Ummm.... I just downloaded this packet now and 3rd and 4th period are not there...

      Delete
  4. Great idea on the notebooks - I will be trying this sneaky trick at my target :)

    - Sasha
    The Autism Helper

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tip for free notebook holders. I bet there'll be a flurry of teachers swiping these across the States!

    Emer
    A Crucial Week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever! I taught for five years and I'm now taking a break to stay at home with my son. This is just another reason I miss being back in the classroom! I think I might ask for one, jazz it up and use it to house some of my son's favorite books. I promise to leave the rest for the teachers with classrooms! ;)

    ~Tanya Rae

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for adding the ones with periods on them, and for the great ideas. I am currently obsessed with your blackline design and have them on my wishlist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you thank you thank you!! I love all of your products but I am a high school teacher, Spanish no less! The period labels are great, just wish they were in Spanish. :( I'll still use them though, getting myself organized little by little!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the work bucket labels, Jodi! Where did you find the buckets in those beauriful colors! I found red ones at Walmart last year, but I've never seen brights before!

    I'm always so inspired by your ideas and incredible organization! I want to be like you!! In my perfect world everything is organized right down to the dust bunnies! I have to remind myself to take it one space at a time! Oh well, maybe in another life! :0)
    Linda
    AroundtheKampfire

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi. just dropped by to appreciate your efforts on sharing such informative blog posts. will be looking for more updates .

    Plastic Storage Containers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice boxes to keep the room clean..but i choose to have the roller tool boxes to be more organize.

    ReplyDelete

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...