Tuesday, July 24, 2012

STUDENT WORK DISPLAY BOARD {Classroom 360}

Classroom 360 is a complete tour of my classroom as designed for the 2012-2013 school year. Each post highlights an aspect of my room with photos, a detailed explanation of it's purpose, and often times videos. Be sure to check out all the other posts.


This is my "updated" student display board for the new school year. I wrote about the original version last summer and featured other ideas for displaying student work as part of my Setting Up the Classroom Series which featured photos, tips and ideas for setting up an elementary classroom. You can read about the other areas featured in that series here.

This board worked so well for me that I decided not to change it up too much. Last year my color scheme was aqua and lime and this year I'm going with my Bright and Cheerful color scheme so I added a few bright colors into the board to reflect that. It was a VERY easy change.

I also added a new cursive alphabet above the board. I loved that it was a perfect fit.

I use this board to display student work throughout the year, but at the start of the year I use it to help everyone learn the names and numbers of each student. Each square has a student number. I will soon add their names and a headshot photo of each of my new little friends.

Just for reference, this was what the board looked like last year. I liked it just fine, but thought the additional color splash was a good touch for this year.



Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

12 comments:

  1. This is such a fun idea! :) I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Im soooo using this. I love your ideas and I purchase one of your tpt products on Monday. Thanks for all your help.

    Monique Ralston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique. I hope you found the product useful! :) Jodi

      Delete
  3. Great Idea! Your colors and patterns are very pleasing to my eyes! Normally I would freak with a pattern mix up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you planning to staple the work on and pull them off as you change them? I was wondering if there was an easier/neater way to display work on a cork board? Perhaps I'm the few that thinks multiple push-pin holes are ugly. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanted to let you know that I did this board last year and I intend to do it again this year! I took pics on my phone and it broke about a week later, so I don't know if I have any pics or not.

    My theme was butterfly/garden and my title was "Our Work is FLY". The words were cut out of the same scrap book paper that I used on the board. We still have chalk boards at my school and I hot glued about 20 sheets of paper on it. I am departmentalized, so I see about 60+ kids per day and I can't put up 60 sheets. I added black border around it and I put it between each row. Then, I attached clothes pins (that I sharpie colored black) between the scrapbook paper. A classroom helper was easily able to put up and take down work samples.

    Thanks for your website. I honestly didn't realize how much organization and mngt. plays into teaching. I also didn't realize until I became an elementary school teacher that I'm just plain bad at it! I have to TRY. I have a love/hate relationship with "piles". I love to make them, but I hate how they look. I adore your site and wish you worked across the hall!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I have such a hard time learning their numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this idea! I can't wait to try this in my room as I am addicted to scrap booking paper. What size sheets did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  8. In the world of new technology and invention LED writing board are most efficient and cost effective way for restaurants, shopping malls, coffee shops, bars, nightclubs and virtually any other public place etc to promote their business and sell a product which brings them a profit.
    If you have any Query then click hereLed writing board

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this idea :) What size is each square?

    ReplyDelete