Saturday, July 14, 2012

So I Ironed a Wall

Here's the thing...

I don't iron.  


My son used Fuse Beads in the Afterschool Program and asked if we could buy some. I obliged and then he said we would need to go to Target and buy an iron.

He's almost 7 and very aware of his environment and yet, he had no clue that we even owned an iron.

Laundry in general is not my thing. 

But, I did go to the depths of the basement to get the iron and proceeded to melt his Fuse Beads with it.

And then I went to school and ironed a wall and that was the most ironing I have ever done in my life.

I had mentioned that I always buy bed sheets in place of fabric by the yard.  I do this for a few reasons:

It's cheaper.
There are lots of fun colors available.
They are a nice big size which is easier than paneling fabric.

I tend to buy twin size. It's plenty big for most standard boards. This year I'm using them to cover a giant retractable wall that doesn't really retract.  I hear it big time.

This week I'm going to begin showcasing all of the elements on this wall as part of my 360 degree tour.

Since my original post about the materials I bought for my room makeover (sheets, spray paint, ribbon, etc) sparked a lot of comments about the idea of using bed sheets I wanted to throw one related tip your way.

If you do buy sheets, open them at home. Throw them in the drier for a few minutes. That will release the wrinkles.

Or you could just iron the wall.

I hear that's what the cool kids are doing this year. :)

Follow my Teacher Store so you don't miss
Flash Freebies or Discounted Debut Items and view my easy-to-navigate online catalog.

Check out CFC's Helpful Series for Teachers: 

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...