Tuesday, July 31, 2012

ORGANIZE DAILY COPIES & MATERIALS {Teacher Tip #17}

Classroom 360 is a complete tour of my classroom as designed for the 2012-2013 school year. Each post highlights an aspect of my room with photos, a detailed explanation of it's purpose, and often times videos.

This post is a another Classroom 360, Teacher Tip and Flash Freebie all in one.


I use these boxes to organize my copies and materials that I will need to go with my lessons each day.

When the copies are made, I simply slide them into the appropriate box for the day I plan to use them. I love this method for a few reasons:

a) everything is at my fingertips
b) the vertical design makes it easy to flip through and find what I need
c) in the event that I am out unexpectedly or need to leave the room, someone can step in and take over
d) if we have a snow day or don't have time to get through everything that had been planned, it is very easy to shift the materials over to the next day.

I decided to spruce up my boxes this year to better mesh with the Blackline Design Decor I have integrated into the space. I made the labels available for you to download and print for free. You'll be able to add your own flair and make everything coordinate to your space by selecting cards tock, border or scrapbook paper to match your classroom theme or color scheme.




{Click here to access and download the labels and directions for creating your own boxes}
For more tips and ideas on organizing and managing your classroom please check out my Clutter-Free Guide. This post is part of:
This item debuted as a Flash Freebie on 7.31.12 & was available from 11:17 a.m.-present {Eastern Standard Time}
Be sure to follow my blog and store so you never miss the Freebie of the Day

Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

30 comments:

  1. I love the idea of using a border to decorate the end!!! How very creative!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy,
      I would love to say I thought one and hard before coming up with such a genius idea, but it was more like a "happy accident." I had forgotten the black card stock at home and noticed the border lying next to the boxes. I love it so much more that I would the plain black. :) Jodi

      Delete
    2. Brilliant!! I think I'm going to use some favorite scrapbook paper, since my high school classroom doesn't have a theme per sé. Thank you, Jodi!
      Karen

      Delete
  2. I will definitely try this tip! Thank You Jodi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Asthma! Let me know how it turns out. :) Jodi

      Delete
  3. I love this too! Where did you purchase the white magazine boxes? I have seen some on IKEA's website, but only for "in store" purchase...no IKEAs near me. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      These are from IKEA. Target had some in the Dollar Spot. They were patterned, but if you are decorating them anyhow it wouldn't matter. You can also use the Priority Mail boxes as they are a great size if you have any of those lying around. :) Jodi

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hi Ashley,
      You're welcome. I hope you find them to be very useful. :) Jodi

      Delete
  5. Last year, I had a bin for each subject, then folders for each day. This year, I'm planning on doing it this way. Yours turned out so cute! Now I can't wait to get into my classroom to decorate mine!

    -Dani
    A Place to Thrive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dani,
      I've organized them a few different ways over the years and this is definitely my favorite. Hope it works well for you too. :) Jodi

      Delete
  6. I love this idea! Would it be okay if I make my own, post about it on my blog, and link back to you? I would give you all the proper credit, of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for asking. I would be honored. :) Jodi

      Delete
  7. Thanks for all these great tips! I love your blog! This is going to be my first year teaching and so every little tip will really help!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your stuff is adorable! I'd like to make some coordinating things for my Hollywood Themed Room (I purchased one of your sets...). What font are you using for these freebies?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you keep this up for free. Seems to be having trouble downloading on the teachers pay teachers website. It keeps linking back to the opening page every time I try to download.
    Maddy McAnally

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are wonderful! I love that I can use them with my color theme (black with bright blue). Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do this too. Have been for a few years, however I am now motivated to make my boxes look pretty and match my classroom decor. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the freebies! It's making the beginning of school much easier! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this idea. I want to try it out. Thanks for the freebie. I'm doing a floral black and white color scheme in my classroom this year (with hot pink and Carolina blue accents). Your blackline stuff is SO CUTE! :)

    --Andi
    Mommy, Teacher, & So Much More

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the fancy colors of the binders!!! mine are so boring :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is lovely! So glad for summertime & a chance to find blogs...I am your newest follower! I HEART organizing and hate clutter :)
    Anita
    Mrs. Bremer’s Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  17. I actually have boxes preprinted with a black-and-white paisley design. =) But they were NOT 1.99 for 5! What a great price! Thanks for sharing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for helping to keep me organized. I love this!
    Dynelle

    http://firstgradefunmrsdunn.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just what I need to help me stay organized this year. Being organized in one of my New (school) Year Resolutions this year that I posted on Teaching Maddeness Linky party.

    Thanks again for the great idea.

    Ms. Fiorini’s Stadium

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great contest!!

    http://pinterest.com/roxaneroxanne/clutter-free-classroom-wish-list/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the great ideas! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    http://pinterest.com/dmorganwilson/clutter-free-classroom-wishlist/

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your contest! It was easy to keep pinning up things I wanted because I want them all!!! I'd be happy with just getting your stuff and not even getting the target card!! Everything I have bought I have used. I love you!!!!

    http://pinterest.com/dmorganwilson/clutter-free-classroom-wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  23. How did you get the daily labels? Were they printed out and the cut out?

    ReplyDelete