Friday, July 13, 2012

MY CALENDAR MAKEOVER {Classroom 360 Tour}

Classroom 360 is a complete tour of my classroom as designed for the 2012-2013 school year. Each post highlights an aspect of my room with photos, a detailed explanation of it's purpose, and often times videos.



Last summer, as part of my “Setting Up A Classroom Series” I did a post featuring classroom calendars. You may find additional information there that could be beneficial to you if you are looking to change up your calendar.
For the past few years, I’ve had my calendar in one of those pocket charts that are specifically designed with 7 rows to hold calendar pieces.
Eh!
I didn’t love it. I didn’t hate it.
It just “was what it was.”
One problem I did encounter was that because it hung on the back of a door there was no place to write the date.
And since I require my students date EVERYTHING, it is kind of important to have it modeled.
So as part of my Classroom Makeover, I revamped my calendar.
I ditched the pocket chart calendar and went to buy a posterboard calendar. I didn’t love the selection, but I don’t have the patience to wait. I knew I could easily alter it.  And I did.


Related products from my teacher store:


Calendar task cards can be used over and over, day after day to reinforce important math concepts. This makes a great math workshop activity. Click here to access and download my Calendar Task Card Packet.
{click here to access and download 180 Attendance Questions / Journal Prompts}
180 Attendance Questions / Journal Prompts are great for checking in with your students each morning. The kids love reporting in and hearing their classmates’ responses. They also work really well as a daily writing activity or a homework assignment. 





Follow my Teacher Store so you don't miss
Flash Freebies or Discounted Debut Items and view my easy-to-navigate online catalog.

Check out CFC's Helpful Series for Teachers: 


7 comments:

  1. I think it looks wonderful! - Victoria :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute! love the ribbon idea and the dollar store whiteboard makes it perfect for the kiddos to write the date!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I love how you revamped your calendar! I think that I might do the same :) Thank you for all of your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you get the super cute black and white numbers and months? I've been looking and can't find any black and white calendar pieces. Thanks for sharing all of your inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your uses for ribbon. I would never have thought to use the ribbon to cover the border! Do you incorporate "patterns" into your calendar? I use the different calendar shape pieces for the numbers to do that, but I like the look of your black and white pieces. How do you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Simple, fast, creative! My campus changes the schoolwide theme every year and I have had to change my poster calendar way too many times. Thanks!!!! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you put your calendar over a white board? How did you get the magnets to stick? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...