Monday, July 9, 2012

MANAGING STUDENT ASSIGNMENTS & PRODUCTS {Teacher Tip #5}











The above photo shows my Must Do / May Do Board. On the left I list the assignments that must be completed. On the right I list the choices for when the work is done. I have an online video available explaining this further.



Below that is my “Work in Progress” board. It was created using a dry erase board and electrical tape. I use this to manage long term projects. I record the assignment onto the board on the left and then write my students’ numbers in the row next to it. As a child completes the assignment, he/she wipes off the number. I can easily see who needs more time to complete the work.

I use a mail sorter to keep track of student work in progress. Each box is labeled with a student number. If it is time to transition to a new activity and a child has not completed the current assignment, he/she places it into the unfinished work box. I can see at a glance who has work to complete (and how much). 
I much prefer this to folders because I am constantly aware of how much work a child has accumulated and also because students are not losing assignments in their desks.

The printable above includes a table of contents, 6 printables, and additional pages with photos and descriptions. They are part of my Blackline Design Collection of Products which was created to save teachers time and money. Each item can be printed onto colored cardstock or scrapbook paper to match any classroom theme or color scheme while saving money on expensive printer ink.


For more tips and ideas on organizing and managing your classroom please check out my Clutter-Free Guide along with my Teaching Procedures and Routines Workbook. This post is part of:
This item debuted as a Flash Freebie on 7.9.12 and was available from 2:56 p.m. - 11:48 p.m. {Eastern Standard Time}
Be sure to follow my blog and store so you never miss the Freebie of the Day


Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome!! Thanks so much! I have a set of mailboxes that used to just collect my junk. Maybe they will be used as unfinished work boxes now!!! (Although they are not in the same shape they were in when I left in May :( Maybe I can be thrifty and try to fix them) You ROCK!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU !!! Thanks so much for sharing. Its REALLY, REALLY appreciated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!

    - Elizabeth
    http://firstyearinthe3rdgrade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this download!

    I'm not sure if anyone else is having problems, but I've tried to download several times and it won't open. It says the file if corrupted.

    Thanks again!
    www.thebombdiggityclassroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the download! My biggest take away from this post is the idea of having open mailboxes for unfinished work. That is my biggest struggle with my students with all the pull outs/ service providers. It is very easy to "miss" that someone didn't complete a piece of work until it is time to grade and return.

    I'm hosting a link party today and would love if you would stop by. We're talking about favorite iPad/iPod apps in the classroom! Polka Dots and Teaching Tots

    ReplyDelete

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...