Monday, July 9, 2012

ASSIGNMENT BOARD {classroom 360}

Classroom 360 is a complete tour of my classroom as designed for the 2012-2013 school year. Each post highlights an aspect of my room with photos, a detailed explanation of it's purpose, and often times videos.






This is one of my smaller "touch-ups" in the classroom, but I felt it was worth including in my Classroom 360 tour because:

a) It shows once again how a cheap piece of ribbon can make a big difference {are you sold yet?}

b) My teacher tip and flash freebie {coming later today} focuses on how to manage student work and assignments and this shows how it looks in my classroom.

This is where I list assignments and track the progress of big projects. The board at the bottom is a small dry erase board that I sectioned off with electrical tape to create lines. I've had it for years and years and it was starting to show. Once upon a time I thought I was all fancy-pants because I created a title using a computer printout and mounted it onto black construction paper...which fades almost instantly in the classroom.

I ripped off the title and outlined the border of the board by hot glueing on some funky pink ribbon. I was going to add a new title (and may do so using stickers like I did on the board above it), but for now I kind of feel like it looks better as a stand alone item sans title and it's purpose will speak for itself when it is in use. I really like how the pink makes it "POP" without distraction.

I'll be back later today with more details on how I use these two boards along with some other tools to manage student assignments and will have a related freebie to share.





Follow my Teacher Store so you don't miss
Flash Freebies or Discounted Debut Items and view my easy-to-navigate online catalog.

Check out CFC's Helpful Series for Teachers: 


7 comments:

  1. That assignment board is a wonderful idea!! I am excited to see your post later on how to use these!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Thank you! I just started blogging this weekend...I could use some followers. http://www.who-is-on-first.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This board is great!

      Who is on first? I just started blogging, too.
      I'll follow you id you follow me :)

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to see how you use the assignment board! I want to implement one this year :)

    Thanks!

    Fourth Grade Fanatics

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas! I can't wait to decorate my classroom!

    ReplyDelete

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...