Saturday, June 23, 2012

Words on the Wall {INSPIRED}



{source}

  • As things are changing in classrooms everywhere and we are quickly becoming so data-driven, I find I need to keep reminding myself of why I became a teacher and what I know in my heart is what kids need to succeed. Large, strong words will be constant reminders.
  • They send a message without getting lost in the shuffle. As the walls get busy, these will stand out.
  • It sends a positive message to visitors entering the classroom in an easy, simple way.
  • I want my students to internalize these words.



ABOUT THIS SERIES:
I’ve been working hard to complete my classroom makeover for the 2012-2013 school year so that I may provide you with a summer full of tips and ideas for setting up your own classrooms. To kick off my second annual summer-long, daily series on setting up, organizing, and managing your classroom I am running a miniseries titled, “INSPIRED” and will feature a photo that brought inspiration to my very own classroom makeover. 
Be sure to check out my Clutter-Free Guide to Organizing and Managing Your Classroom as well as my Classroom Themes Page for tons of tips and ideas. 


Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

15 comments:

  1. Waiting with anticipation for the big reveal... I may be more excited with your room than you are. Thank yo so much for this idea... a great reminder of why we are teachers...not to see gains in test scores but to develop their character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally can't wait...I am so excited to see all your "inspired" ideas...

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to see your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The words on the wall are a great idea. What did you use to make yours? I want to try this.

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. We did this in the classrooms when I taught PreK! I'm not allowed to hang anything on my kindergarten walls....hmmm, I will definitely be brainstorming this idea!
    ReadWriteSing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word! I am so excited that I found your blog!! I am an organizational FREAK! I cannot wait for the BIG REVEAL! I'm new into the blogging world so I'm excited to make some new bloggy friends :)

    ~Kirsten

    Mrs. Wilson's World

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I have checked sooo many times today and still no REVEAL! It is June 24th. I LOVE your classrooms and can't wait to see! Please please post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with calpers!! I cannot wait to see your classroom!! You have inspired me so much as a first-year teacher! Here is to hoping you post soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your "Inspired" blog series! What a great idea!! So thankful for wonderful teachers like you that encourage and inspire me to be a better teacher!
    Thank you! - HeiDee Bieber
    (teachingbieber.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am anxiously waiting for the "big reveals!" Please post soon. All your ideas are so great!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay...so I was hoping that the reveal would finally be today...maybe just the dates got mixed up and it was supposed to say o7.24.2012. PLEASE POST for your inspirations...I am dying with anticipation. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was sad to see that this has not happened. Did it not work out the way you planned? I am excited to see the pics.
    Tammy

    Mrs. Flickinger's Butterfly Oasis

    ReplyDelete

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...