Thursday, June 14, 2012

Visual Writing Rubric {INSPIRED}



{source}

  • I used to have an exemplar journal entry hanging in my room, but took it down because it wasn’t being used.  I feel optimistic about this one.
  • I think rubrics are a developmental thing and not all kids are ready to use them effectively in 3rd grade. 
  • I feel that having 4 samples to compare their work to will make them much more accountable. 
  • It’s visual. I will be able to say, “which sample does your writing most look like and why?” and ALL students can verbally respond to that. I don’t feel the same is true for a text-only rubric.
  • I’m excited about how this will work in conjunction with Zoo Keeper’s Writing Goals Chart which I featured yesterday.


ABOUT THIS SERIES:
I’ve been working hard to complete my classroom makeover for the 2012-2013 school year so that I may provide you with a summer full of tips and ideas for setting up your own classrooms. To kick off my second annual summer-long, daily series on setting up, organizing, and managing your classroom I am running a miniseries titled, “INSPIRED” and will feature a photo that brought inspiration to my very own classroom makeover. I'll be posting my version of these inspired pics when I reveal my classroom. Follow my blog or Facebook page so you don't miss the updates.
Be sure to check out my Clutter-Free Guide to Organizing and Managing Your Classroom as well as my Classroom Themes Page for tons of tips and ideas. 




Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

8 comments:

  1. Okay, now this is exactly what I need to make for my classroom. Thank you SO much for sharing this! :)

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait til the reveal. The suspense is killing me.

    ✿Michele
    Miss Nelson's blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are absolutely right! The kids will take ownership of their writing. I love this and can't wait to make this for my room.

    Im your newest follower!

    Ashlee
    Sweet Seconds

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've pinned this too!! :) Can't wait to see it in your room!

    Kimberly
    The Learning Tree

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an excellent idea. It too has inspired me!
    I hope you don't mind if I link back to your post. I want to remember it so I can use this idea in the fall.
    Thank you.
    Amy K.
    Wheresecondscount.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such an inspiration! I can hardly wait!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea. I will definitely be using it in my classroom in the fall. Thank you for sharing. I can't wait until the big reveal!

    Kimberly C.
    theteachersworkspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your website. I can't wait until your big reveal. Once I find what grade I'm teaching, I'm so going to beg, buy and brainstrom with the help of your ideas.

    ReplyDelete