- I used to have an exemplar journal entry hanging in my room, but took it down because it wasn’t being used. I feel optimistic about this one.
- I think rubrics are a developmental thing and not all kids are ready to use them effectively in 3rd grade.
- I feel that having 4 samples to compare their work to will make them much more accountable.
- It’s visual. I will be able to say, “which sample does your writing most look like and why?” and ALL students can verbally respond to that. I don’t feel the same is true for a text-only rubric.
- I’m excited about how this will work in conjunction with Zoo Keeper’s Writing Goals Chart which I featured yesterday.
ABOUT THIS SERIES:
I’ve been working hard to complete my classroom makeover for the 2012-2013 school year so that I may provide you with a summer full of tips and ideas for setting up your own classrooms. To kick off my second annual summer-long, daily series on setting up, organizing, and managing your classroom I am running a miniseries titled, “INSPIRED” and will feature a photo that brought inspiration to my very own classroom makeover. I'll be posting my version of these inspired pics when I reveal my classroom. Follow my blog or Facebook page so you don't miss the updates.
Be sure to check out my Clutter-Free Guide to Organizing and Managing Your Classroom as well as my Classroom Themes Page for tons of tips and ideas.