- I used to have an exemplar journal entry hanging in my room, but took it down because it wasn’t being used. I feel optimistic about this one.
- I think rubrics are a developmental thing and not all kids are ready to use them effectively in 3rd grade.
- I feel that having 4 samples to compare their work to will make them much more accountable.
- It’s visual. I will be able to say, “which sample does your writing most look like and why?” and ALL students can verbally respond to that. I don’t feel the same is true for a text-only rubric.
- I’m excited about how this will work in conjunction with Zoo Keeper’s Writing Goals Chart which I featured yesterday.
ABOUT THIS SERIES:
I’ve been working hard to complete my classroom makeover for the 2012-2013 school year so that I may provide you with a summer full of tips and ideas for setting up your own classrooms. To kick off my second annual summer-long, daily series on setting up, organizing, and managing your classroom I am running a miniseries titled, “INSPIRED” and will feature a photo that brought inspiration to my very own classroom makeover. I'll be posting my version of these inspired pics when I reveal my classroom. Follow my blog or Facebook page so you don't miss the updates.
Be sure to check out my Clutter-Free Guide to Organizing and Managing Your Classroom as well as my Classroom Themes Page for tons of tips and ideas.
Be sure to follow my blog and store and Facebook Page for notification of the Freebies. Click here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.