Friday, June 8, 2012

Sneak Peek at my Classroom Makeover

After much (way too much) debate, I have decided to go with the Bright and Cheerful classroom.


I was so torn between that and the Clouds and Sun, but ultimately decided that since hubby and I recently redid the master bedroom in grey and yellow it would be better to mix it up during the day.


As you'll soon see, I also worked in plenty of black, grey, and yellow.


I have been super busy (and having way too much fun) getting started on "Classroom Makeover 2012."


I am planning to add in some owls.


The kids asked me what my theme was going to be for next year.


I told them "Pinterest."


They didn't get it.


I still have over a week left and can't wait to share my progress with you.  Here's a sneak peek of my new floor to ceiling board.




Oh, the endless possibilities of that big blank slate!!!


Happy Weekend Friends!

Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

17 comments:

  1. I'm not sure how much decorating I will be doing for next year. Our school is undergoing major construction and we will be moving out of our old rooms and into new rooms during the middle of the year. You've got a great start!

    I'm one of your many followers, I'd love to have you follow me back.

    Kelly @I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your choice...bright and lively is what all elementary rooms should be...and this is coming from a teacher who has bright yellow walls in her room.

    Pat

    A Time to Share & Create


    MY WEBSITE

    Fabulous 4th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choices! Love how black makes colors pop.


    Yearn to Learn Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw the most adorable owls at Kirklands! They are made of cloth/felt and are very colorful.

    My room is painted from floor to ceiling with an outdoor mural. It's beautiful. But I must be careful not to overstimulate the classroom. My boards are covered in one uniform shade with identical borders. I've found plastic bins for the tables and shelves in complimentary colors. I'm using a "crayon box" theme for my behavior chart, etc.

    I can't wait to see your finished decor!
    ReadWriteSing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that board! Is it an actual board or did you put paper floor to ceiling? I am been contemplating this. I am adding a few owls to my birds this summer!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice :)

    I love that you told them that your theme is Pinterest. I just don't know why they wouldn't get that :)

    Elizabeth

    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the banner. So, simple, but totally grabbed by attention. I cannot wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this, cant wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm becoming all about banners! Love the start!

    Brynley
    Brynley's Brainstorms

    ReplyDelete
  10. The banners are gorgeous Jodi!!! I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the boards! Is it just paper and borders?
    The banner is fantabulous! ideas, ideas and more ideas.
    Tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! I have already purchased your bright and colorful packet and I plan to incorporate owls as well. How funny! Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, I can't wait to see pictures of your room. I have been collecting owls to add to my room too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Every classroom should have owls!! YOLO...means you obviously love owls not you only live once!!
    Jenny
    I can't wait until the big reveal!!

    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the floor to ceiling board. That's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...