Saturday, June 30, 2012

Going Green Themed Classrooms


Use found materials for decorations. Back your bulletin boards with newspaper, cardboard or magazines. Create borders using plastic bottles, cans, etc.

Repurpose food containers for storage (plastic yogurt containers, cereal boxes, etc).

Incorporate lots of plants.

Have your students use leftover drinking water to water said plants.

Check out this site for ideas to use throughout the year: 50 Ways to Go Green in the Classroom.



I love that the title of this board was made with soda bottles. {source}


Go Green Classroom Theme Commercially Made Items

Setting Up Your Green Classroom

30 Go Green Tips for Teachers to Introduce in the Classroom

Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

2 comments:

  1. great idea!
    I'm your newest follower! Great blog! Thanks for the great ideas. I am a new blogger so I am excited to read more of yours.
    -Layla

    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I like to be "green" as much as I can! I will definitely be remembering this idea for when I have my classroom.
    ~Kirsten

    Mrs. Wilson's World

    ReplyDelete

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...