Friday, June 1, 2012

Commitment Issues

Last night was our big spring open house {pictures coming soon}.  The room was all decked out with camping themed projects that were completed as part of "math camp" (my tricky way to practice for the state test while the kids thought we were simply having fun), animal research projects, the start of out end of year memory books, American Revolution portfolios, magnet and electricity portfolios and a whole bunch of other cool stuff that showcased just how very busy we have been.

And by 8:45 this morning you would never have known it even happened.

I immediately called my worker bees into action as they entered the classroom.

Staples were yanked from boards. Projects were dispersed to their owners. 

Tables were relocated to their proper coordinates within the classroom.

Hot glue guns, rolls of tape, and other tools for hanging an abundance of creativeness were returned to the classrooms I borrowed them from.

And within 15 minutes of the day starting we were knee deep learning about our town's history.

Because we have only 14 days left and I have so much more I want them to know before I pass them on to 4th grade next year.

Speaking of next year...

Now that open house is behind me and 2012-2013 are finalized {same grade / same classroom...insert happy dance}, my mind is going 80 mph with plans for my space.

I totally heart my current room with it's aqua, lime and black color scheme and swore to myself I wouldn't create extra work by changing things up, but that's how I roll.  

Setting up the classroom is by far one of my greatest joys in life.  I actually have plans to work with some local teachers this year to get their rooms set up and you would think I had won the lottery when each asked. 

So needless to say, I am in the mood to mix it up.

My initial focus was on using a grey and yellow (with black and white accents) color scheme. I love the calming effect and like that seasonal things will match and student work will pop with that as a background. I even went out and gathered borders and stuff and designed my Clouds and Sun Packet to use with it.

But, I'm having commitment issues and am now leaning towards bright colors.  That will allow me to leave a fair amount of the aqua and lime that I currently have and stick with my black borders which I love.  

Eenie Meenie Miny Moe!

What colors do you have in your classroom?  

Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...