Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Possibilities Are Endless {aka Fun with Duck Tape}

I had a eureka moment today and could hardly contain my excitement.

I have mostly tables in my classroom, but there are a couple of straggler desks hanging around.

And they are red.

Which makes me unhappy.

I have wanted to spray paint them for awhile, but that's probably a disaster in the making.

Today I was scoffing them and cursing their existence under my breath as I do every day, and that's when the light bulb went off...Duck Tape. It will cover over the red in a non-permanent way and will add tons of spunk and personality to the classroom design.

Have y'all seen Duck Tape lately?
{photo source}
Oh my cuteness.

There is seriously a pattern to match any color scheme or theme.

I'm still on the fence about how I will makeover my room {still leaning towards the grey and yellow with the bright and cheerful colors / circles and dots pulling in a tight second}, but I do plan to keep my black bulletin board borders and damask accents.

{photo source}
So you can only imagine my joy when I googled patterned duck tape and this came up:

I actually gasped.  I think it will be the perfect fix for those pesky desks.  Best of all it'll just peel up and a little goo gone will take care of the rest.

Patterned duck tape seriously rocks.

I'm thinking I'll use it to reinforce folders.

It can be used as border for your bulletin boards or anchor charts to jazz them up.

SIDENOTE: Duck Tape is the name brand for the fun pattern / colorful Duct Tape maker. You can do a google search for either to find lots of fun options. I went back and forth on which spelling to use for the post, but ultimately decided to go with the brand I used.

What other uses can you think of for the decorative tapes?

Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...